4 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, beat egg whites, vanilla, almond extract, and ream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar and whip until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and coconut.
- Fold into the egg whites.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets, shaping each one into a “Mountain”
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on size) until slightly golden.
- Melt the white chocolate with the cream over a double broiler, and dip the top of each cooled macaroon into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- WDW Makes Update to Face Mask Policy for Dining - February 27, 2021
- Favorite Things Friday- Magic Cookie Bars, Wilderness Lodge - February 26, 2021
- City Works honoring women-owned or women-led breweries with “Her Hops” beer flight! #DisneySprings - February 26, 2021