2 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium Spanish onion, ¼ inch dice
½ cup celery, ¼ inch dice
1 small green pepper, ¼ inch dice
1 small red pepper, ¼ inch dice
1 medium clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cumin powder
1 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 1/4 cups V-8 juice
1 cup assorted heirloom beans
5 ounces Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Cook beans according to size and assortment with 2 bay leaves and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Melt butter in pan, add beef and brown.
- Drain off fat, add onions, peppers, celery, garlic, both chili powders, cumin, granulated garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, oregano and cook 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients except beans and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add beans and bring up temperature.
- Serve on a fried tortilla shell and garnish with Tillamook cheddar cheese and salsa.
- Live-Action Peter Pan Casts Jim Gaffigan as Mr. Smee - January 21, 2021
- Mickey’s Valentine Tote ~ Cute Craft Idea! - January 21, 2021
- TMSM’s Adventures in Florida Living- Keep Moving Forward - January 20, 2021