From Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager and posted on the Disney Parks Blog.
Will you visit the Walt Disney World Resort this week? A lot of families will head to our parks to ring in the new year, so we thought we’d share some tips on how to make the most of your trip during this busy time.
Traveling Around The Walt Disney World Resort
- Using on-property resort buses, boats or Monorails can help you avoid traffic and arrive at parks sooner. Busses begin departing from Disney resort hotels 45 minutes prior to the park opening and run two hours after park closing.
- If driving a personal car, please plan for additional travel time.
- If staying at an on-property Disney resort, don’t forget about Extra Magic Hours.
- Different theme parks offer Extra Magic Hours on different days, so check the calendar here for more.
Theme Park Tips
- Grab a Times Guide on your way into the park for the day’s showtimes, character greeting locations and more.
- Download the My Disney Experience app for your smartphone to access the latest attraction wait times, schedule FastPass+ options, check dining offerings and more.
- Magic Kingdom Park will offer an Extra Magic Hour from 7-8 a.m., daily, from Dec. 28-Jan. 1, 2015. Visiting the park early will help you get a headstart on your day.
- New Year’s fireworks spectaculars will be displayed at Magic Kingdom Park on both December 30 and 31. (Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will join the celebration with displays on December 31 only).
Walt Disney World Dining
- Use the My Disney Experience app, visit Guest Relations or call 407-WDW-CNCL to modify dining reservations.
- Consider choosing a dining time prior to 6 p.m. or after 8 p.m. to avoid the dinner rush.
- Do You Know….Disney Ghosts? - October 19, 2020
- DISNEY+ DEBUTS ALL-NEW CHARACTER ART FOR “THE MANDALORIAN” SEASON TWO - October 12, 2020
- Walt Disney World Resort Lights Cinderella Castle to Celebrate NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers - October 11, 2020