Epcot Nine Dragons’ Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe from Disney Parks
Photo by WDW Shutterbug
You will need 10 to 12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 tsp chicken base (not bouillon; base is a paste-like mixture available in gourmet or larger supermarkets)
Dash of white pepper
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
½ tsp cooking wine
½ tsp sesame oil
Toasted white sesame seeds
Chopped green onions
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
1 heaping tsp baking powder
½ of a beaten egg
2 tbsp oil
2/3 cup water
Pinch of salt
1/8 cup, plus 1 tbsp honey
¼ cup sugar
1/8 cup ketchup
1 tbsp white vinegar
1. Combine marinade ingredients and let cubed chicken soak in liquid for 30 minutes.
2. Combine batter ingredients. Set aside.
3. Combine sauce ingredients. Set aside.
4. Heat cooking oil for frying, about 320º F. Using tongs, dip marinated chicken into batter and deep fry.
5. Heat honey sauce in a large wok. Turn off heat. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Place chicken in green onions and sesame seeds.
- 2021 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend andDisney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Transition to Virtual - September 22, 2020
- Disneyland to Follow Same Safety Measures as WDW,Ready When Able! - September 22, 2020
- Mickey’s Pumpkin Whoopie Pies ~ Recipe! - September 22, 2020