Port Orleans-Riverside Boatwright’s Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe and Image by Disney Parks
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups milk
3 each eggs
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12-ounce can sweet potato, mashed
Pecan honey butter:
1 stick butter (at room temperature)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup toasted pecans
To make pecan honey butter, combine butter, honey and toasted pecans. Set aside.
To make the pancakes
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in milk and beaten eggs.
- Add oil and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the mashed sweet potatoes (should result in a lumpy texture).
- In a small nonstick frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Pour in batter to desired size. Cook until dark brown (sweet potato pancakes take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes because of the density of the sweet potatoes).
- Serve pancakes warm with pecan honey butter.
- Make a Delish Dole Whip Cocktail – With Lime! - May 28, 2022
- Boozy Dole Whip Pops – Make Your Own! - May 27, 2022
- Irish Girl-Band Cailíní Lua Make U.S. Debut at Raglan Road May 25 through Summer - May 24, 2022