From Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer.
In case you can’t make it to Disneyland Resort to taste all the delectable pumpkin treats we mentioned in last week’s pumpkin cheesecake recipe post, here’s one more recipe we just had to share just in time for National Pumpkin Day (Oct. 26): hearty pumpkin muffins packed with the flavors of sweet golden raisins, nutmeg and cinnamon. A crunch of streusel on top makes them perfect with coffee to start the day.
You could nosh on more Disneyland Resort pumpkin treats from morning ‘til night: pumpkin beignets(Café Orleans and Mint Julep Bar in Disneyland park); pumpkin twists (Troubadour Tavern and Maurice’s Treats at Disneyland park and Cozy Cone Motel at Disney California Adventure park); pumpkin pie(Plaza Inn and French Market Restaurant in Disneyland park, Flo’s V-8 Cafe at Disney California Adventure park); pumpkin cheesecake muffins (Market House in Disneyland park and Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café at Disney California Adventure park), and pumpkin cheesecake (Jolly Holiday Bakery Café and French Market Restaurant in Disneyland park, Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta at Disney California Adventure park and White Water Snacks at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa). Beyond the bakery treats at various spots throughout the parks and resorts, there’s pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks and Boudin Bakery’s pumpkin-shaped sourdough at Pacific Wharf Café, Disney California Adventure park bread cart and Mortimer’s Market.
You’ll find these pumpkin muffins in Disneyland park at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café and the Cappuccino Cart in the Hub. At Disney California Adventure park, they’re at Schmoozies and Pacific Wharf Café. You can also find them at White Water Snacks at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Surfside Lounge at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
But if you can’t make it to Disneyland Resort, whip up a batch and enjoy – maximum flavor, minimum guilt.
Makes 12 muffins
1 cup cake flour
1 cup bread flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 5-ounce can pumpkin purée
1 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Sift together cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar and eggs until pale yellow in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Blend in oil and pumpkin purée until mixture is smooth.
- Blend half of flour mixture into egg mixture until just combined. Scrape sides of bowl, then stir in raisins. Add remaining flour mixture to batter, mixing just until combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling about 3/4 full.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mash butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon streusel on each muffin.
- Bake 18 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 325°F and bake 5 minutes more or until golden brown.
- “Soul” featured on the cover of Winter 2020 issue of “Disney twenty-three” - November 5, 2020
- CHRISTMAS AT GAYLORD PALMS RESORT: TICKET SALES NOW OPEN, FULL CHRISTMAS PROGRAM UNVEILED - November 5, 2020
- Do You Know….Disney Ghosts? - October 19, 2020