From Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer, a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake
‘Tis the season – for pumpkin, that is. The ubiquitous gourd takes center stage at Disneyland Resort this time of year, flavoring everything from coffee to soups, and yes, even old-school pumpkin pie.
Disneyland Resort Bakery gets in on the fun with pumpkin beignets, pumpkins twists, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cream cheese muffins sold throughout the parks and hotels. We got hooked on this pumpkin cheesecake that you’ll find at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta at Disney California Adventure park, Jolly Holiday Bakery Café and French Market in Disneyland park and White Water Snacks at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. The graham cracker crust with a pinch of ginger, classic cheesecake filling and a drizzle of chocolate on top create a trifecta of yum.
Beyond the bakery, there’s pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, and Boudin Bakery’s pumpkin-shaped sourdough at Pacific Wharf Café, the Pacific Wharf bread cart and Mortimer’s Market, all at Disney California Adventure park.
And if you’re in search of that good ol’ pumpkin pie, you’ll find it at Plaza Inn, Carnation Cafe, Village Haus Restaurant, River Belle Terrace and French Market Restaurant in Disneyland park, and at Flo’s V-8 Café and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta at Disney California Adventure park.
Makes 9-inch cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/3 cup butter-melted
- 3 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- Chocolate syrup, for drizzling
- In a bowl combine the crushed graham cracker, sugar and ginger. Melt the butter and stir into mixture.
- Spray bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Press crust mixture into bottom of pan using your hands.
- Place pan on a large piece of foil and wrap foil tightly up sides and around pan.
For cheesecake filling:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Whisk together pumpkin purée, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl until well combined. Add pumpkin mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add evaporated milk, mixing well.
- Slowly pour cheesecake filling onto crust mixture in prepared pan. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Place foil-wrapped pan inside a larger roasting pan. Place oven rack and carefully add enough hot water to reach halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until center moves only slightly when shaken.
- Turn oven off. Crack open oven door, and allow cheesecake to cool inside oven 1 hour.
- Remove pan from water bath and set on a wire rack to cool completely. Cover top of pan with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
Cook’s Notes: Wrapping foil around springform pan prevents water from the water bath from getting into the cheesecake. The slow cooling inside the oven prevents cheesecake top from cracking.
- Do You Know….Disney Ghosts? - October 19, 2020
- DISNEY+ DEBUTS ALL-NEW CHARACTER ART FOR “THE MANDALORIAN” SEASON TWO - October 12, 2020
- Walt Disney World Resort Lights Cinderella Castle to Celebrate NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers - October 11, 2020