Our friends over at Disney Vacation Club shared this amazing recipe this week with their members and we thought you may appreciate it too!
Did you know September 13th was National Chocolate Day? An entire day dedicated to this sweet treat and in celebration of this occasion, we are sharing with you a recipe from the Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood: Chocolate Torte from the Turf Club at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
Chocolate Torte Turf Club from Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Makes one 9-inch torte
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened, plus additional softened butter for greasing pan
3/4 cup sugar, plus additional sugar for dusting pan
1/2 cup prepared espresso
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 eggs at room temperature, beaten
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 stick softened butter
Vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF with oven rack in middle position. Wrap a 9-inch springform pan in plastic wrap, then wrap tightly with a layer of heavy-duty foil. Generously butter pan. Dust pan with sugar, tapping out excess. Place prepared pan in a roasting pan; set aside.
2. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and prepared espresso in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a large saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Stir occasionally until just melted. Add butter by the tablespoonful, stirring until combined. Stir in espresso syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently stir in eggs until combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared springform pan. Pour boiling-hot water into roasting pan until it reaches three-quarters up sides of springform pan. Bake until center of torte is almost set, but still wobbles just slightly, about 45 to 50 minutes.
5. Transfer torte to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.
1. Place chocolate in a medium bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Stir occasionally until melted. Set aside to cool slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add butter by the tablespoonful, stirring until combined and glossy. Use immediately.
1. Run a thin knife along edge of chilled torte, and remove springform pan ring. Set torte on a wire rack set over a sheet pan. Pour ganache over torte, a bit at a time, spreading with a rubber or offset spatula to cover top. Allow excess to drip down sides, if desired. Place torte on a platter or sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate until set, approximately 2 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- CASETiFY pays tribute to Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas collection! - December 1, 2022
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Stars In An All-New Walt Disney Animation Studios Short to Celebrate Disney 100 Years of Wonder - December 1, 2022
- The Walt Disney Company Announces Toys For Tots Grant Delivering 75,000 Toys To Kids In Need - November 29, 2022