Prep Time 15 minutes
What you’ll need
- Knife or frosting spatula
- Freezer Paper
- Craft Knife
- Crushed graham crackers or sprinkles
How to make it
- Cut a square of freezer paper that is slightly bigger than the top of your cupcake (I did about a 3.5 inch square). You’ll notice that one side of the paper is shiny and one side is matte. On the matte side, draw or trace your design.
- Using a sharp craft knife, cut out your design (this is a job for adults!).
- Frost your cupcakes with a knife or spatula. Lay your stencil, shiny side DOWN, on top of the frosting and press gently around the edges to make sure your crumbs or sprinkles won’t leak out.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles all over the top of the cupcake and then shake it gently over a bowl to remove the excess. Repeat.
- Carefully peel off your stencil and repeat on remaining cupcakes. You may want to use a paper towel or napkin to wipe any excess frosting off the stencil between cupcakes.
*From our friends at Spoonful!
- Saying Goodbye to “Happily Ever After” at MK – My Thoughts - September 27, 2021
- DIY – Make Your Own Madame Leota on a Budget! - September 24, 2021
- Estée Lauder X Disney Luxe Collection - September 24, 2021