Each week the Disney Parks Blog has been posting a different recipe from the Cruise Line for you to try at home and enjoy. This week Stephen Walker, Fleet Culinary Standards and Consistency Chef, Disney Cruise Line has given us the Tomato Salad recipe. Enjoy!!
Today I’m sharing the last recipe in our summer series. I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to make some of your favorite Disney Cruise Line dishes.
Like many of the recipes I’ve shared this summer, our tomato salad is easy to make, yet it has so much flavor. Simply slice the ingredients, mix the dressing and chill the tomatoes before serving. It’s a unique salad – perfect for the summer – that is sure to impress your dinner guests!
Check out the full recipe below and download our keepsake recipe card here. Enjoy!
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
- 5 beefsteak tomatoes (¹/³ slices)
- 4 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. curly parsley (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp picked flat parsley
For the Tomato Salad
- Place the dijon mustard, garlic and sherry vinegar into the bottom of a mixing bowl. Gradually pour and whisk in the olive oil. Add the parsley, shallots and pepper. Set aside.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes on a serving platter and chill.
- Just before serving, pour the sherry vinegar dressing over the tomatoes.
- Garnish with a sprig of flat parsley.