If you haven’t been to Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World lately, your probably don’t realize how much construction is going on. It’s really overwhelming how much is tore up. It will look great when done, but for now it can be very daunting to just find a place to park. Then depending on if you want the West Side or the Marketplace, you have to go through what I refer to as a big hallway from one side to the other. Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager put together some tips on how to get around the DTD area.
We recently shared some exciting updates about enhancements coming to Downtown Disney as the area expands and transforms into Disney Springs, which when complete, will double the area’s number of dining and retail options. Work is already underway to widen Buena Vista Drive which will eventually make it easier to access the area. As expansion work continues through 2016, here are some of our best tips for navigating the property during this time so you can continue to enjoy all of the shopping, dining and entertainment options that Downtown Disney has to offer.
- Use Complimentary Resort Transportation – Disney resorts offer complimentary bus transportation to Downtown Disney, which drops guests off at the Marketplace end. Watercraft transportation is also available from Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts, Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. Once at Downtown Disney, all guests can use boat transportation to travel between the Marketplace, West Side and Pleasure Island districts.
- Follow Parking Signs For The Best Access – If driving, follow the lighted signs to available parking lots, including those at the Casting and Team Disney buildings located across the street.
- Take Exit 67 on I-4 – If you’re arriving via I-4, take exit 67 to approach Downtown Disney from another direction and continue to follow signs for parking.
- Arrive Early For Scheduled Entertainment & Dining Reservations – Have a reservation or tickets to a show? Be sure to allow extra time for parking; we’d suggest arriving at least an hour early. Most ticketed experiences at Downtown Disney take place at Downtown Disney West Side, so parking in the Team Disney parking lot is your best bet for those.
- Valet Parking Is Available – Based on guest feedback, we now have two locations for interested guests to choose from. Valet Parking is available from 10 a.m.-1 a.m. at the Marketplace (via entrance 2) and from 2:30 p.m.-2:00 a.m. on the West Side (via entrance 3). The cost is $20 per vehicle.
As more information comes out about Disney Springs, we will be sure to keep you updated on the progress.
- Meet the Characters of WandaVision! Who We Know So Far! - January 21, 2021
- WandaVision Debuted and Has Commercials? - January 17, 2021
- Tom Hiddleston ‘Accuses’ Paul Bettany of Stealing Loki’s Gimmick - January 16, 2021