From Stephen Walker, Fleet Culinary Standards and Consistency Chef, Disney Cruise Line here is a great summertime recipe.
I hope you’re enjoying our summer recipes series from Disney Cruise Line. If you aren’t sailing with us this summer, you may as well eat like you are!
Today’s recipe is for our Guava Glazed Barbecue Ribs. The delicious 24-hour marinade is made with a variety of herbs and spices and is the perfect complement to our sweet guava barbecue sauce. These ribs are a must for your next summer party!
Guava Glazed Barbecue Ribs
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 24 hours
- 1 onion (chopped) 3 tbsp. cilantro (chopped) 3 tbsp. oregano (chopped)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar 3 garlic cloves (crushed) 2 bay leaves 1⁄2 cup water 1 rack pork spareribs
Guava Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup guava puree 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup clear honey
For the Rib Marinade
- Place all the ingredients, except the water and bay leaves, in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, place into a mixing bowl and add the bay leaves and water.
- Pour the mixture over the ribs so both sides are covered and marinate for a minimum of 24 hours.
For the Guava Sauce
- Mix ingredients together.
For the Ribs
- Transfer the ribs and the marinade to a roasting pan*, cover and place into a preheated oven at 270 degrees. Roast for 1.5 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and place onto another baking tray, brush with the guava barbecue sauce and place back into the oven. Roast for 25 minutes at 340 degrees until cooked through and glazed.
- Remove and rest for 10 minutes, then carve.
*Can also be done in a covered barbecue grill.
- DISNEY+ PRESENTS Q&A WITH MARVEL STUDIOS’ KEVIN FEIGE AND PANELS ‘BIG SHOT’ AND ‘THE MIGHTY DUCKS: GAME CHANGERS’ AT 2021 TELEVISION CRITICS ASSOCIATION WINTER PRESS TOUR - February 24, 2021
- ‘WandaVision’: Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez Break Down the TV Theme Songs - February 23, 2021
- Magic Kingdom TV Universe in the Works at Disney+ (Exclusive) - February 23, 2021