Have you heard? June 15 is National Lobster Day, and Disney parks offer you ample opportunity to celebrate. From the Grand Floridian Café’s lobster Eggs Benedict to Cove Bar’s lobster nachos, this versatile ingredient shows up in more than 25 different items across various Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort menus.
If you want to celebrate National Lobster Day at home, we’ve got a recipe and cooking demonstration that will prepare you to cook up a classic lobster dish courtesy of a recipe from Disneyland’s Harbour Galley: the lobster roll.
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 celery stalk, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 pound cooked lobster tail and claw meat, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 hot dog buns, preferably split at the top
For garlic butter:
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and seafood seasoning in a medium bowl; mash with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
For lobster salad:
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot sauce, and Dijon in a large bowl until very well combined. Stir in celery, garlic, shallot, chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Fold lobster meat into mayonnaise mixture, gently mixing until lobster is well coated. Set aside.
For lobster rolls:
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread garlic butter on both cut sides of hot dog buns; lay buns butter side down on griddle. Toast 1 minute, or until golden and lightly crisp.
- Divide lobster salad evenly among buns and serve immediately.
- Do You Know….Disney Ghosts? - October 19, 2020
- DISNEY+ DEBUTS ALL-NEW CHARACTER ART FOR “THE MANDALORIAN” SEASON TWO - October 12, 2020
- Walt Disney World Resort Lights Cinderella Castle to Celebrate NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers - October 11, 2020