Today, Erin Glover, Social Media Director at Disneyland Resort has published another story in regards to the Rock Your Disney Side event that will take place this Friday, May 23rd.
Who’s ready to Rock Your Disney Side for 24 hours at the Disneyland Resort? We’ve already shared tips for lining up, carpooling, snacking and catching special entertainment – and today I’ve got more information to share about the big kick-off in the Disneyland Esplanade early Friday morning.
In addition to receiving a special commemorative Rock Your Disney Side lanyard (available to the first 2,000 guests in line), those joining us for the 6 a.m. opening moment on May 23 will be able to check out some special activities we have planned for the early morning hours.
Beginning at 4 a.m., our DJ will get the party started with music and special surprise appearances by some familiar Disney friends, all leading up to the explosive opening of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks at 6 a.m.
In addition, we’ll have artists creating two pieces celebrating summer:
- A special, hand-crafted Olaf Sand Sculpture will stand eight feet high, welcoming the silly snowman’s favorite time of year. When it’s finished, it will have taken more than 40 hours to create out of 9 tons of sand.
- To kick off our Show Your Disney Sidewalk program on Disneyland and Walt Disney World Instagram, featured artist Noah will create a piece of chalk art measuring 8’ by 8’ showing Mickey Mouse enjoying a summer day on the beach at Paradise Pier. When complete, the piece will be donated to Autism Speaks for auction.
So get your beauty rest now, and join us early in the morning on Friday to Rock Your Disney Side!
- Update For Water Parks & Platinum Plus WDW Annual Passholders - September 17, 2020
- Black Panther Star Chadwick Boseman Has Passed Away At 43 - August 28, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort announces new fall food and drink event series - August 28, 2020