The Main Street Mouse Has A MAGICAL Announcement!

TMSM BIllboard (2)

Attention Main Streeters! We have an announcement to make! Have I peeked your interest yet? I sure hope so!!

TMSM has been a labor of love for me and my cohorts for the past 4 years. For those of you who have been around for awhile, you know the ups and downs we have had, the good times, the struggles, but we have pushed through thanks to our devoted fans, or as I call you all, our Disney Family. The support you all have given TMSM has been nothing short of MAGICAL, and it’s because of all of you that our Disney dreams have become a reality. TMSM has grown by leaps and bounds, and the sky is the limit as to what we can do! So, where do we go from here? What’s next? Well……

After much consideration, preparation, soul searching and prayers, I’m very pleased to announce that The Main Street Mouse is moving to Florida! Yes, that’s right, our new home base will be near Walt Disney World! I feel that it’s essential for the growth of TMSM for me to be down where the Magic happens, so I can be there first hand to give you all the latest and greatest, with my own personal opinion involved (like usual) as well. If you read my personal blogs, or my “ramblings” as I call them, then you know I speak from the heart and love to share my thoughts and experiences with you all. The response I’ve gotten from you has been amazing, so much so that you make me cry a LOT when you comment and tell me that these stories mean a lot to you. I get choked up because our readers are so important to me, and I’m extremely grateful for every one of you. I’m humbled an honored that you choose to follow what we do every day. I’m scared about the move, yet excited at all of the possibilities that can come from it. So, what does this mean for you, our beloved Main Streeters?

Once my family and I are down in FL, we plan to FINALLY give the fans what they have been wanting for so long, MEET UPS! I can’t WAIT to meet some of you in person, it’s been a long time coming! So be sure to watch for TMSM Get Together announcements coming soon. Second, I plan to really get into the mix at WDW and give you all the most updated information that I can find. I know that once I’m down there, it will be easy to get inspired and I’ll be able to take current pictures, give you the latest scoop on attractions, food, resorts, etc. We have so much in the works for you all, and I’m so excited to be able to give our members more! Another thing about the move….. I plan to take you all with me! How you ask? By starting a “Moving to Main Street” blog series on the relocation and all it entails. I’m nervous, a bit scared, but hopeful that things will go smooth. If I keep you all in the loop, and write down what’s going on, then I think it will be easier for me to be brave enough to do this, and do it well. Your support has given me the extra push I’ve needed on numerous occasions, and I’m definitely going to need you now! This is going to be exciting!

In conclusion, the next month will be a BUSY one for my household. We have a whole house to pack up, things to get in order, and still keep TMSM up and running in the mean time. I’m blessed and lucky that I have a wonderful Admin Staff behind me who will be helping with the site and FB pages while I’m packing and preparing my family for our cross country adventure. My family and I (Scott -TMSM Avenger, and Monsters Inc – Andrew & Aidan) thank you for the support you’ve given TMSM over the past four years. It’s because of YOU that we are able to make the transition down to Florida. I promise to not disappoint, and bring you the very best that I can, it is going to be so much easier to do that being down in Florida. I can’t wait to share all of the fun things with you that we have coming! Thank you all so much…. Hang in there, it’s going to be a wild ride, but so worth it! I finally get to say it….. WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! Love, hugs, and blessings to all of you! ~Michele

usmickey

Michele

Michele

Michele Atwood is the Owner/Editor of The Main Street Mouse and it’s subsidiaries and author of the books “Moving to Main Street U.S.A.” “How Many Sleeps Till Disney?” and “How Many Sleeps Till Disneyland?” Michele also contributes Disney news to the Joe Kelley Morning Show on 107.3 WDBO in Orlando. She and her family made the move from Michigan to the Orlando area to pursue their Disney dreams. Michele is a life long Disney fan, and has two sons who have followed suit, each going on their first Disney trip before their first birthday’s. Part of the goal Michele has for The Main Street Mouse is not only to keep members informed, but to create somewhat of a Disney Family by relating to others through personal experiences and opinions. Also, Michele is making it a priority to share stories of inspiration and hope to other Disney Fans in an effort to share the Magic and hopefully make a difference in the lives of others. ~ I enjoy writing personal perspective blogs, doing TMSM Meet Ups for our readers, and keeping the constant interaction going with others, sharing the Disney Magic to people when they can’t be at their Happy Place.

Michele has 5840 posts and counting. See all posts by Michele

mm

22 thoughts on “The Main Street Mouse Has A MAGICAL Announcement!

• May 15, 2014 at 8:17 pm

We moved to Florida to be closer to Disney as well. The best decision we ever made!!! Good Luck!

• May 15, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Congratulations! I follow this blog and I’m a member of Fan Nation. My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Florida after our youngest graduates next year. I’m greatly looking forward to reading about your experience doing so. I think it will give us some idea of what to expect. While our DD’s will be 22 & 18 next year we still have to consider my husband finding employment and possibly myself (I’m currently a stay at home mom), getting new doctors, finding a new vet for our dog, finding a new place to live, etc.

I wish you every success on this new journey!!!

• May 15, 2014 at 11:11 am

“All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” WED.
    Good luck with the new chapter in your career.

• May 15, 2014 at 9:50 am

I am so happy for you!! I work with the US military…so know how stressful it is to move. You are strong, though, and you can do this. Your enthusiasm will help you manage it all. Looking forward to hearing all about it (and feeling just a bit jealous!) 🙂

• May 15, 2014 at 9:27 am

Best thing I ever did was moving from NJ to central FL after retirement!!! ONLY place to live IMO is near The Mouse!!!!

• mm
    May 15, 2014 at 9:20 am

Thank you for all the well wishes, I appreciate the support VERY much! Can’t wait to see what’s next, I’m sure I’ll be filling you all in along the way!! HUGS!!

• May 15, 2014 at 8:55 am

That. Is. Awesome! I can’t wait to follow along with you on this next adventure!
    xoxo
    Rachel

• May 15, 2014 at 8:07 am

Michelle, I think that is awesome!! I wish I was able to move to the Orlando area with my daughter, so that we could go to WDW any time we want, but at this time, it is not an option. So, I look forward to reading all about your move and all that you will have to offer once you are settled there. Congrats and good luck!

• May 15, 2014 at 6:24 am

That is such wonderful news!!! So happy for you all, can’t wait to read about your adventure!!!! °o°

• May 15, 2014 at 4:33 am

Yay!!!! I am sooooo happy for your and your family. We have been trying to make the move to FL as well. If all goes well, maybe we’ll get to meet you when we finally make the move. Congratulations and best of luck to you all. ºoº

• May 15, 2014 at 2:52 am

In approximately 1year I will retire and the plan is to move to central Florida. I will be watching your posts and maybe asking a question or two about making the move. Good luck!

• May 15, 2014 at 1:48 am

Greetings! I am new here but have lived in Florida and been going to WDW since 1977. Congratulations on your new adventure and an early welcome to the sunshine state!

• May 15, 2014 at 12:10 am

Congrats on your new adventure! We’ve never been to WDW but hope someday we can soon. Safe travels!

• May 14, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Good Luck on the move guys! take your time coming down, enjoy the sights as you drive down to the tropics here in Fla. SEE YOU SOON!!! I have my camera ready to catch you!

• May 14, 2014 at 10:31 pm

OK, now I am REALLY jealous!! I will be 11-12 years behind you–have to wait until my daughter is graduated and on her own or wants to move to Florida with me 😀

• May 14, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Yay for your family! I hope you have a safe and smooth move!

• May 14, 2014 at 10:22 pm

So happy for you and your family! Safe travels and can’t wait to see and hear all the new things you’ll be up to! Meet and greets sound great too! Take care!

• May 14, 2014 at 10:20 pm

hi I am new here, just joined, but I want to say awesome!!!!! that is sooo exciting! we took our whole family to WDW a year ago this Saturday so our then 4 yr old granddaughter could meet her princesses….kinda glad we aren’t going this year because, well, yea I would probably be the biggest duck in the puddle to see elsa, myleigh is obsessed with her! congratulations and I look forward to keeping up with all of you here!

• May 14, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Hey Michele, welcome to Central Florida! BTW Disney World is hiring 1200 CMs! Best of luck on your move and look forward to seeing you soon!