Since Disney purchased the Star Wars franchise, it’s become a bigger part of Disney Community. I’ve always enjoyed learning new things here and there about the films. Sometime ago I saw a video with 29 Star Wars facts and wanted to share.
Now I consider myself a big Star Wars geek fan. I have read many stories about the franchise, and know lots of facts about the franchise. I still love learning the little-known facts as Star Wars has been a part of my life since I was a little sith in training. I have to admit, with all I have read I did not know all these facts. How many did you not know?
1. The phrase “I have a bad feeling about this,” is said at least once in every Star Wars film
2. Sir Alec Guinness who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original trilogy called the films “fairytale rubbish”. But the contract he had paid him 2% of the gross box office for the original trilogy which earned him $95 million dollars from the fairytale.
3. Harrison Ford, Han Solo, earned only $2,000 a week for his role in “Episode IV.”
4. Peter Cushing, who played Grand Moff Tarkin in Episode IV, found his costume boots were so uncomfortable that he wore slippers in most of his scenes and insisted his feet never be shown on screen.
5. The Tie Fighters engine sounds are a mix of an elephant call and a car driving on wet pavement.
6. In Episode IV, there is a scene where Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca escape a stormtrooper shootout by going into a trash compactor. While in there, Mark Hamill (Luke) held his breath so long he burst a blood vessel on the side of his face.
7. Many of the sets of Tatooine are still standing in the Tunisia desert
8. Actor Denis Lawson who played Wedge Antilles, is the maternal uncle of Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan in Episodes I, II, III.
9. The blockade runner we see in the opening scene of Episode IV after the credits crawl, was the original design for the Millennium Falcon.
10. The Jawa language is based on a sped up version of the Zulu language.
11. Greedo who attempts to shot Han in Episode IV, speaks a South American language known as Quechua.
12. Master Yoda’s species is never named in any of the movies.
13. The word Ewok is never said out loud in any of the films.
14. The original design idea for Yoda was a monkey carrying a cane and wearing a mask.
15. The bounty hunter droid IG-88, from Episode V, was built from recycled film props.
16. IG-88’s head was actually one of the drink dispensers in the Mos Eisley Cantina in Episode IV.
17. In a early draft of Episode VI, Return of the Jedi, Obi-Wan and Yoda return to their physical bodies to either assit Luke in his battle with the Emperor and Darth Vader or join him in the celebration on Endor.
18. No physical Clone Trooper costumes were ever produced. Every Clone Trooper seen in the prequels was CGI.
19. The communicator that Qui Gon Jinn uses in Episode I was an altered Gillette Sensor Excel Women’s razor.
20. According to Samuel L. Jackson, the words “Bad MotherF*#$%@” is engraved on the hilt of his lightsaber.
21. During fights scenes an excited Ewan McGregor kept making lightsaber sounds
22. Ahmed Best the actor who played Jar Jar Binks, can be seen out of character in a bar scene in Episode II.
23. Anthony Daniels, the actor who has played C-3PO in all the films, can be seen out of character in the same bar as Ahmed Best in Episode II.
24. In Episode III, after Anakin has lost both legs and one arm and is being put back together in the Empire Hospital, you can see the Galactic Empire Symbol underneath the table he is lying on.
25. Anakin Skywalker meets 6 of the 9 diagnosed criteria for borderline personality disorder.
26. In a early draft of Episode IV, R2-D2 speaks standard English and is actually kind of a jerk.
27. A tiny South Pacific nation of Niue minted and accepts Star Wars coins as currency.
28. The video I watched said 8 different people played Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, but I actually found there were 12 between films, radio, video games and television:
- David Prowse
- James Earl Jones
- Bob Anderson
- Sebastian Shaw
- Jake Lloyd
- Hayden Christensen
- Scott Lawrence
- Brock Peters
- Terrence C. Carson
- Matt Lanter
- Mat Lucas
- Frankie Ryan Manriquez
- C. Andrew Nelson
- Spencer Wilding
- Daniel Naprous
29. A disco version of the Star Wars Theme became a #1 hit in 1977
- This Fall Is Gonna Be Scary Good At Universal Orlando Resort - September 22, 2020
- Update For Water Parks & Platinum Plus WDW Annual Passholders - September 17, 2020
- Black Panther Star Chadwick Boseman Has Passed Away At 43 - August 28, 2020