Who Likes Cupcakes?
As we have been mentioning over the last few weeks, tomorrow May 1st is the 25th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Disney Chef’s have made many different treats in store for this celebration, as they do with all. Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer, was able to get the information about one cupcake in particular and something that is very rare, she even got the recipe from the Chef’s.
Celebrating 25 years, this anniversary cupcake is a delicious combo of chocolate cake with a rich hazelnut-buttercream frosting. The chefs at the theme park add a little chocolate ganache, chocolate sprinkles and colorful Mickey Mouse candy confetti, then top it with a chocolate “25th Anniversary” disk of chocolate.
If you’re at the park, the cupcakes will be available at Fairfax Fair, Rosie’s All American Café, ABC Commissary,Starring Rolls Cafe, Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., and Pizza Planet. Cost is $5.19 and the cupcake counts as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan.
If you’re too far away to make the May 1 celebration, get out the mixer and create your own fun!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Hazelnut-Chocolate Buttercream
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
For chocolate cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in large bowl, whisking to combine. Add oil, coffee, and milk; beat with an electric mixer 1 minute until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat 2 minutes until very well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
For hazelnut-chocolate buttercream:
- Combine shortening and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until creamy. Beat in hazelnut-chocolate spread and vanilla extract until smooth. With mixer running at medium speed, add confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well to combine before adding the next cup.
- After all sugar has been added, beat in 3 to 4 tablespoons milk, just until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large round or star tip and pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Alternatively, frost cupcakes with an offset spatula or a butter knife.
- DISNEY+, DISNEY JUNIOR, AND LUCASFILM RELEASE SNEAK PEEK ANIMATED SHORTS AND KEY ART FOR “STAR WARS: YOUNG JEDI ADVENTURES” - March 27, 2023
- Universal Orlando Resort Announces Dates and Select Tickets and Packages for Halloween Horror Nights 2023 - March 23, 2023
- CASETiFY Announces a New Mandalorian™ Inspired Collection - March 2, 2023