We’ve all heard it or asked the question. What makes Disney World so special and magical? To some it’s the rides or seeing a princess for the first time. To others it may be eating all you can possibly fathom and not gain a pound (Yeah, right), while others may find it magical because they can see all of their favorite characters. To me what helps with a lot of the magic are the hidden things. I’m not talking the “Hidden Mickey”, but the little things off the beaten path. Those things that you may have to take a few minutes to actually find and enjoy and this week I’m going to share some of my favorite “Treasures off the Beaten Path”.
- The first of my favorite treasures is the Windows on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. Although they’re not really hidden, a lot of people may not know what they are exactly. So for those who don’t know, the window are on the upper floors of the buildings going down Main Street and contain the names of those people who contributed to the Magic Kingdom and are influential to the Disney Company.
- Sometimes if you’re lucky you can spot a castmember walking around with with a mop bucket and broom. And if you’re even luckier you can watch them draw a Disney character with that broom and water on the pavement.
- Another of my faves is pretty small and subtle, but next time you’re around the outside of Tony’s Town Square Restaurant look on the pavement and see if you can find the paw prints of Lady and the Tramp.
- In EPCOT if you stand in the right spot outside the Mexico pavilion across the lagoon from the Morocco pavilion, you’ll see the backside of the Tower of Terror and finds that it blends almost flawlessly with the Moroccan pavilion.
- Next time you’re leaving EPCOT at night look down at the pavement in Future World and you’ll see a cool fiber optic light show.
- Before entering the Indiana Jones Stunt Show walk over to a well with a sign that says “Warning Do Not Pull Rope”, what should you do? Pull the rope of course.
- Next time you’re visiting the Backlot at the Studios lookout for the Singin’ in the Rain umbrella for a perfect photo op.
- One word, Divine. Look for her next time you’re out an about in the Animal Kingdom, she’s a really cool spectacle.
- Head over to Fort Wilderness and lookout for the famous Lawn Mower Tree.
- When you’re over at Port Orleans checking in and you see the musical notes. Try to guess what those notes are to. (Hint: When the Saints Go Marching In)
These are just some of my favorites of what seems to be a never-ending list. So next time on your visit to the “World”, take a minute or two out of your commando day and look for some of these random “Hidden Treasures” with your friends and family. I think that it’ll give everyone a deeper appreciation of what the people at Disney do to give that extra little magic.
- Official Trailer for “Phineas and Ferb the Movie, Candace Against the Universe” from Disney+ - August 5, 2020
- Disney Moms Panel Now planDisney! - August 5, 2020
- New Baublebar Disney Parks Jewelry on shopDisney - August 4, 2020