As we all know, food at Disney is an attraction all by itself. What trip is complete without splurging at a buffet table or gnawing on a turkey leg? I’ve previously talked about Disney snacks in general. This week is all about “My Top 10 Cupcakes in WDW.
- The Butterfinger Cupcake – Holy Moly! If I had to imagine what the tears of a Unicorn tasted like, it would be a Butterfinger cupcake. Located at Starring Rolls in Hollywood Studios this cupcake is chocolate cake with a vanilla frosting and chocolate filling covered with crushed Butterfinger.
- Lemon Meringue Cupcake – Next time you’re eating at Be Our Guest give this heavenly sponge cake with lemon custard filling and a flamed meringue icing a try.
- The King Cupcake – This cupcake is fit for a king, the King of Rock and Roll that is. This cupcake is a tribute to Elvis and five of his favorite food groups. It’s a chocolate cupcake with banana custard filling, slathered in a peanut butter frosting with candied bacon and a chocolate drizzle. That’s enough sweet stuff to make anyone’s hips sway. You can find this at POP.
- The Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake – For those of you who frequent the Main Street Bakery do yourself a favor and grab one of these bad boys with your Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte. This cupcake is a dark chocolate cake with peanut butter chips mixed in. It’s covered with a peanut butter buttercream icing with peanut butter sauce and fudge drizzled on top.
- The Red Velvet Cupcake – This is the one to get if you’re a sucker for red velvet cake. Located at the counter-service location Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary.
- The Guava Creme Cheese Cupcake – So you’re standing around in The Land pavilion waiting to use that fastpass for Soarin’ but you’re bored just waiting. Do yourself a favor and walk over to Sunshine Seasons and get one of these cupcakes. It’s a vanilla cake covered with a creme cheese frosting with a spot of guava jam in the center.
- The Lemon Ginger Cupcake – Located at Capt. Cooks at the Polynesian this cupcake has a meringue on top of some kind of ginger bread type cupcake with lemon custard filling. If gingers not your thing then you may want to steer clear, but if you’re like me and love it, then head over to Capt. Cooks and give this guy a shot.
- The Worms and Dirt Cupcake – This cupcake is available during Earth Week. It’s a chocolate cupcake with a chocolate icing on top. The inside is a chocolate pudding and there’s gummy worms and a little flowerpot on top. It’s a chocolate lovers dream.
- The S’mores Cupcake – This one in particular is located at the Boardwalk Bakery and it’s pretty awesome if S’mores are your thing. It’s a chocolate cake with chocolate pieced frosting inside. Then it’s topped with a buttercream marshmallow frosting and sprinkled with graham crackers.
- The Zebra Cupcake – This one is located at Kusafari Baker located in Animal Kingdom. This giant cupcake is a basic vanilla cake with a pile of vanilla buttercream frosting and white and dark chocolate striped shavings on top.
So there you have it, My Top 10 Cupcakes at Disney World. Tell us what some of your favorites are in the comments.