St. Patty’s day is coming this Monday, March 17th. What better place to celebrate this day than in a Disney Park? TMSM Friend Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager shared some photos of the treats for the celebration.
With St. Patrick’s Day celebrations planned for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, I visited one of our consumables locations to survey some of the yummy, holiday-themed treats they have made this year. You may recall that several of our merchandise locations contain a show kitchen, which is an on-stage kitchen where cast members make delicious goodies for all to see. This year, the cast members in the show kitchens have added a splash of green to some of their most popular items including Mickey Mouse-shaped cake pops and crispy treats.
They also have created my favorite treat – pretzel rods covered in green sugar or sprinkles. The pretzel rods join sprinkle-covered or chocolate-dipped marshmallow wands.
Finally, I spotted a Leprechaun-like candy apply complete with chocolate, green sugar and a marshmallow. Nearby, I found a character apple that resembles Kermit the Frog from The Muppets. I figured I’d include him in this story because he’s green (plus, I can’t wait for “Muppets Most Wanted” to be in theatres on March 21!.
If you are visiting Disney Parks during St Patrick’s Day, please stop by these locations:
- Candy Palace on Main Street, U.S.A. and Pooh Corner in Critter Country – Disneyland park
- Trolley Treats – Disney California Adventure park
- Marceline’s Confectionary – Downtown Disney District
Walt Disney World Resort
- Main Street Confectionary on Main Street, U.S.A. and Big Top Souvenirs in Storybook Circus – Magic Kingdom Park
- Beverly Sunset – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Goofy’s Candy Company – Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Candy Cauldron – Downtown Disney West Side
- “Soul” featured on the cover of Winter 2020 issue of “Disney twenty-three” - November 5, 2020
- CHRISTMAS AT GAYLORD PALMS RESORT: TICKET SALES NOW OPEN, FULL CHRISTMAS PROGRAM UNVEILED - November 5, 2020
- Do You Know….Disney Ghosts? - October 19, 2020