A lot of us across the country are in the deep freeze of winter, and could really use some warming up. What better way to thaw out then with a great Disney recipe like the Cheese Soup at Le Cellier! This soup is loved by so many Disney Fans, and soup is a great way to warm up on a cold winter day. So, bring a little Disney Magic home and make yourself some delicious Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, here’s how:
Ingredients ~ Makes 6 cups
1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups milk
1 pound sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup pale ale, room temperature
Chopped scallions or chives for garnish
1. Cook bacon in saucepan on medium-high, stirring frequently until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion, celery and butter; sauté until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Reduce to medium. Add flour. Stir constantly for about 4 minutes.
2. Whisk in stock. Bring to boil 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after adding milk.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire, salt and pepper until soup is smooth. Stir in ale. If soup is too thick, thin to desired consistency with warm milk. Serve hot, garnished with scallions or chives.
Le Cellier Steakhouse is at the Canada Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase.
- Make a Delish Dole Whip Cocktail – With Lime! - May 28, 2022
- Boozy Dole Whip Pops – Make Your Own! - May 27, 2022
- Irish Girl-Band Cailíní Lua Make U.S. Debut at Raglan Road May 25 through Summer - May 24, 2022