Starting Tuesday, Walt Disney World is changing its rules for Annual Passholders. Now, guests will be able to visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing to make a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom.
The announcement for this change came in January in response to guest feedback to “improve the guest experience.”
“While the theme park reservation system remains important to manage attendance in our parks, especially on busier days, we realize our passholders enjoy more spontaneous visits — and this change will make that possible,” Disney said in a post on the official Disney Parks Blog at the time.
This news came after Walt Disney World resumed new sales of its annual passes. The theme park resort implemented a freeze on the sale of new Incredi-Pass, the Sorcerer Pass, and the Pirate Pass in 2021.
For those not familiar with the Walt Disney World theme park reservation system, here are details from the official Disney website:
To enter a theme park, all Guests ages 3 and older must have a theme park reservation in addition to valid admission for the same park on the same date. At this time a theme park reservation is not required to visit a water park, however, theme park reservation requirements are subject to change.
- Theme park reservations are limited and subject to availability and are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalized. You must have a theme park reservation for each day of entry.
- When you purchase a 1-day ticket for a specific date and theme park, a theme park reservation will automatically be made for you at the time of purchase.
- For all other theme park tickets, you will be required to make a theme park reservation for each date of your visit.
- We highly recommend that you make your theme park reservation as soon as you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the theme park reservation is finalized.
- If you need to modify (change date, park or party members) or cancel a theme park reservation, visit My Disney Park Pass Reservations.
- Guests who purchased a ticket or Annual Pass with Park Hopper benefits may visit more than one park per day after 2:00 PM. Learn more about the Park Hopper option.
What are your thoughts on this change in the theme park reservation system for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders? Let us know in the comments!
- Show Your Love for Figment With This Figment Dragon Shoulder Magnet! - February 7, 2024
- Greet Guests in ‘Frozen’ Style with an Olaf Christmas Door - December 10, 2023
- Disney+ Bundles with Hulu in One App in New Beta Launch - December 7, 2023