Top 4 Things to Know Before TRON Lightcycle / Run Opens on 4/4
We are counting down the days to the ultimate race across the Grid when TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by Enterprise opens at Magic Kingdom Park on April 4.
Before you board your very own Lightcycle and enter this race as the newest members of Team Blue, here are the top 4 things to know:
1. JOIN TEAM BLUE VIA THE VIRTUAL QUEUE
When TRON Lightcycle / Run opens it will use a virtual queue, allowing guests the opportunity to experience the attraction later in the day and enjoy all that Magic Kingdom Park has to offer while they wait to enter the Grid. Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom Park on the same date will have the opportunity to request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app*. A standby queue will not be available.
Stay tuned to disneyworld.com/virtualqueue for details about when and how guests will be able to request to join the virtual queue for TRON Lightcycle / Run.
2. INDIVIDUAL LIGHTNING LANE ENTRY
Guests may also have the option to purchase individual – or à la carte – Lightning Lane entry in the My Disney Experience app*. On the day of their visit, Team Blue recruits with a valid admission and a park reservation for Magic Kingdom Park on the same date may visit the Disney Genie Service Tip Board in the app to choose an arrival window and make their purchase before joining the high-speed race against Team Orange. Guests may check the app on the day of their visit for pricing and availability.
3. NEW LOCKER SYSTEM
New to TRON Lightcycle / Run, a double-sided and digitized locker system will be used to store bags and loose items while you race your Lightcycle. Inside the attraction queue, these complimentary lockers pair directly with your MagicBand, MagicBand+ or ticket media so you can easily lock and reopen your locker with a quick tap. Guests without a MagicBand or other ticket media (such as a card) will be provided with a card to assign their locker. All items must be placed either in a locker before you board your Lightcycle, or in a small compartment located on the attraction vehicle that can hold items such as cellphones, glasses or wallets.
4. DISNEY PHOTOPASS PHOTO AND VIDEO OFFERINGS
You can relive your race through this dark, computerized world when you preview an onboard photo and video automatically linked to your My Disney Experience account through one of the following methods:
- Use your eligible mobile device, enable Bluetooth® for the My Disney Experience app* before riding, ensure you’ve logged into the My Disney Experience app* sometime earlier that day, and keep your device out of low power mode. Make sure your mobile device boards your Lightcycle with you and is safely stored in the small Lightcycle compartment to use this method.
- Wear a MagicBand or MagicBand+ that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.
We’ll see you in the Grid, Team Blue recruits. Countdown protocol initiated. End of line.
- “Incredible” Amenities Coming to Cotino, a Storyliving by Disney Community - March 24, 2023
- ‘DESCENDANTS: THE RISE OF RED’ (FORMERLY KNOWN AS ‘THE POCKETWATCH’) ADDS PAOLO MONTALBANTO THE CAST OF THE DISNEY+ ORIGINAL MOVIE - March 22, 2023
- NEW DISNEY+ ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES “ED SHEERAN: THE SUM OF IT ALL” PREMIERING MAY 3 - March 20, 2023