From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Disney Parks Blog
A memorable tradition with the taste testers in my house is declaring a “Mandatory Day of Fun” at Walt Disney World Resort. We do this a few times a year when there’s a break in schoolwork and we all need a chance to relax and have fun. After letting everyone get a little extra sleep, we head out to the parks for a day of me saying “yes” to every food and ride the family requests. When we are at Magic Kingdom Park, someone usually requests a meal or snack at Casey’s Corner.
I always enjoy stopping at Casey’s Corner to taste the different specialty hot dogs. No
matter the season or the celebration, there’s always a creative hot dog on the menu. Recently, the talented culinary team developed a delicious Holiday Dinner Hot Dog that will be on the menu through December 31. This hot dog
features an all-beef hot dog with cranberry mustard, savory stuffing funnel
cake, and cheese curds. As a lover of both funnel cake and savory foods, I had to try this hot dog and was thrilled when the recipe came to me for testing!
This was such a fun recipe to test and eat! The savory stuffing funnel cake tastes
just like stuffing. The cranberry mustard added a little bit of sweetness to this recipe without being overwhelming. I loved everything about this hot dog and so did my taste testers and a lucky running partner who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Here is the recipe for you to create this hot dog at home!
HOLIDAY DINNER HOT DOG
Casey’s Corner, Magic Kingdom Park
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon water
SAVORY FUNNEL CAKE CRISPS
- Oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 all-beef hot, cooked according to package instructions
- Reserved funnel cake crisps
- 8 ounces cheese curds, coarsely chopped
- Reserved cranberry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
FOR CRANBERRY MUSTARD:
- Combine cranberry sauce, Dijon mustard, and water in a small
mixing bowl. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Transfer to a small squeeze bottle; refrigerate until ready to
FOR SAVORY FUNNEL CAKE
- With caution, heat 2 inches of oil in a large frying pan or Dutch
oven to 350ºF.
- Combine milk, egg, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, chicken
bouillon powder, dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, dried sage, and
celery salt. Slowly stir into the milk mixture and mix until smooth. Transfer
to a piping bag or squeeze bottle.
- Carefully hold piping bag or squeeze bottle above oil and squeeze
half of the batter into the pan, using a swirling motion to create desired
- Fry for 1-2 minutes, carefully flip with tongs and fry one
additional minute. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut into 1-inch strips.
FOR HOT DOGS:
Place hot dog
inside of bun. Top each hot dog with a few funnel cake strips, 1/4 cup of
cheese curds, and 2 tablespoons cranberry mustard. Sprinkle with chicken
Always use caution when handling
sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are
helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted
from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from
the restaurant’s version.
you make this hot dog at home or if you’re enjoying a hot dog at the parks,
remember to tag #DisneyEats.
- Disney PhotoPass Photographers Go Green with NEW Costumes - January 31, 2023
- Disney’s Commitment to Conservation Expands with $500,000 Donation to Florida Organizations - January 31, 2023
- New Disney100 The Eras Collection Launches Today on shopDisney, at Disney Parks - January 27, 2023