From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Valerie Lee
All is merry and bright in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort, where by day or by night, you’ll be captivated by the joys of this sparkling holiday season. Take a leisurely stroll through this lively promenade to discover seasonal eats and treats, beautiful decorations, holiday entertainment, and find something special for everyone on your list!
Sweets, Sips and Savory Bites
Be sure to try these seasonal menu items! Yum!
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes – The Peppermint Classic Shake is frosty with a chocolate mint pattie, whipped cream, crushed peppermint and chocolate drizzle.
- California Churro – The White Peppermint Churro, coated in powdered sugar and drizzled with peppermint icing, is another favorite!
- Kayla’s Cake – The Christmas Snowman and Gingerbread Macarons are delicious and so precious!
- La Brea Bakery & Café – Pick up a Pumpkin Mousse Tart, or a Pumpkin or Peppermint Latte.
- Marceline’s Confectionery – From your Disneyland app, you can now mobile order* such treats as a Mickey Peppermint Marshmallow, a Mickey Santa Cupcake, a Snowflake Caramel Apple and much more!
- Naples Ristorante e Bar – The Holiday Pizza is made with fontina, provolone, roasted pumpkin, finocchiona salami, sautéed onions and honey.
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen – Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen – This season, try a Pumpkin Glazed Beignet through Dec. 9, 2021, or a Candy Cane Glaze Beignet, Dec. 10-Jan. 9, 2022 at the express window, or a Bananas Foster Glazed Beignet inside the restaurant, along with a Snowfall Martini!
- Salt & Straw – Savor a scoop or pint of festive new flavors that embrace warmth and spice, such as Peppermint Cocoa, Gingerbread Cookie Dough, Almond Brittle with Salted Ganache or The Great Cookie Swap, beginning Nov. 26, 2021.
- Sprinkles – Get in the spirit with all three holiday cupcakes: Christmas Cookie, Gingerbread and Chocolate Peppermint.
- Tortilla Jo’s – The Trio de Tamales de Dulce starts with a red tamal served with a house-made strawberry jam; the White Tamal Dulce de Leche is served with raisins and cinnamon compote, and the Yellow Pineapple Tamal is topped with a piña colada sauce.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – Cin-A-Bitz are hand rolled pretzel pieces glazed with butter and layered in a cinnamon sugar coating.
Shopping for Treasures
As the weather gets a bit chillier, here are a few hot holiday gift ideas!
- A must for Disney fans is stopping at World of Disney, Disney Home and The Disney Dress Shop, where picking up magical gifts brings smiles!
- California Sole is the spot for comfortable footwear, paired with the perfect stocking stuffers such as socks, hats and wallets.
- Curl Surf – Get cozy with pajamas, a fuzzy hoody and Ugg boots. But there is much more in this California store!
- LEGO – Share the fun with family as you build a Christmas Wreath or the Santa’s Visit set.
- Post 21 – Coming soon, this new kiosk is a Black-owned mother-daughter retailer offering curated modern and design-forward merchandise from Black-owned businesses – including products for kids, home and more!
- Sephora – Treat yourself or someone special to Sephora’s holiday gift sets with best-selling skincare, make-up and hair product must-haves!
- Sugarboo & Co. – Their handmade paper is made from recycled materials and comes in an aged white color with deckled edges, which can be paired with a hanging glass wall frame and pressed botanicals, for a unique and elegant gift.
- Other specialty shops include Pandora Jewelry, the Star Wars Trading Post and WonderGround Gallery.
Enjoy evening entertainment from a capella carolers throughout the season featuring Holiday Harmony, The Moonrays and The Sugarplums who perform near the Downtown Disney District main stage, Fridays through Sundays, Nov. 26-Dec. 26, 2021, along with our main stage bands.
Check it out: Meta Quest and ILMxLAB, Lucasfilm’s award-winning immersive entertainment studio, are previewing a complimentary Quest 2 virtual reality experience of Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort, now through Jan. 5, 2022. You can learn all about it in our recent story on the Disney Parks Blog!
Disney Ultimate Toy Drive
Now through December 14, 2021, join the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive supporting Toys for Tots and give back to those in need this holiday season. Donate a toy online at shopDisney.com, or donate a new, unwrapped toy in person at Downtown Disney District. Donation bins are located near World of Disney and Star Wars Trading Post. Disney’s tradition of supporting the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves’ Toys for Tots program dates back to Walt Disney, who personally supervised the creation of the Toys for Tots logo. Disney also was a founding sponsor of the program when it began in 1947. Today, the Disneyland Resort is proud to continue supporting this tradition.
For more details, check out the Downtown Disney District 2021 Holiday Guide at Disneyland.com/DTDHolidayGuide, also available at Downtown Disney District at select locations.
With so many choices and so much to explore, where will you stop first? Come celebrate the holidays at Downtown Disney District!
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
- 5 Cookie Recipes to Celebrate National Cookie Day - December 4, 2023
- Disneyland Resort Announces Event Dates and More for 2024 - December 4, 2023
- 10 ‘Frozen’ WDW Photo Ops with Disney PhotoPass Service - November 27, 2023