Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort: 13 Frightfully Fun Facts
Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort brings fun, spooky thrills for the whole family from Sep. 3 through Oct. 31, 2021. Here are 13 frightfully fun facts about this “spooktacular” season:
- Haunted Mansion Holiday – This year is the 20th time that Haunted Mansion is transformed into Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park! Jack Skellington, Sally and ghost dog Zero from “Tim Burton’s the Nightmare Before Christmas” visit the 999 Happy Haunts who dwell in the Haunted Mansion and two holidays collide. Inside the halls, the latest Haunted Mansion gingerbread creation stands nearly 10-feet-tall, and is made of approximately 30 pounds of gingerbread, three gallons of egg whites, 120 pounds of frosting and icing, 75 pounds of confectioner’s sugar and 140 pounds of fondant.
- Mickey and Friends in their Halloween Finest – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and the whole gang are dressed in their favorite Halloween outfits this time of year, and they may be seen waving to guests from locations throughout the parks.
- Cars Land Haul-O-Ween – Mater, Lightning McQueen, Cruz, Red and the residents of Cars Land in Disney California Adventure Park have transformed the town of Radiator Springs into “Radiator Screams.” The stars from Disney and Pixar’s “Cars” will greet guests in their “car-stumes” before racing off to go “trunk-or-treating.” Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree also becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween with themed décor and music.
- Eerie Eats, Spooky Treats – A cauldron of goodies are available throughout the Disneyland Resort, bound to bring a devilish smile to guests with every bite. These clever and colorful treats include the Poison Skull Apple, the Minnie Witch Apple, the Vampire Mickey Bat Cookie, the Oogie Boogie Crispy and the Cozy Cone Macaron. This year’s special keepsake is Mickey’s Mummy Popcorn Bucket, available soon in the parks.
- Spellbinding Décor – Along Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure, visitors will be immersed in the spirit of the season as they spot frightful touches like the Headless Horseman statue and dastardly décor from beyond the grave.
- Villainous Disney Characters – Guests never know who they may spot at Disneyland with villains such as Cruella de Vil, the Evil Queen, the Queen of Hearts, Gaston and Captain Hook appearing throughout the park.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark – This popular attraction invites guests to join Rocket on a thrilling race to rescue Groot in an action-packed adventure, now part of Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure. In the late afternoon during Halloween season, guests will discover that it mysteriously transforms from its daytime look as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission BREAKOUT! Then it’s time for big drops, big thrills and monstrous fun as Rocket appeals to guests to help distract all the monsters he has unleashed in the Fortress.
- Wickedly Wonderful Must-Haves – At shops throughout the Disneyland Resort, including World of Disney, the Emporium and Elias & Co., Halloween enthusiasts will find the season’s hottest new items including pumpkin glow-in-the-dark spirit jerseys, glow necklaces, Mickey and Minnie plush, two new collectible headbands featuring a Mickey pumpkin and a Halloween plaid Minnie design, as well as new Halloween art. Family tees and pajamas sized from infant to adult are always fun to take home as a reminder of the Halloween visit.
- New Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit – Guests visiting the Downtown Disney District will have fun with a new pumpkin hunt. After purchasing a game board and stickers at select Disney merchandise locations, including World of Disney, families can hunt for hidden decorative pumpkins themed to Disney characters through the District, and then place the corresponding stickers on their game boards. Whether they choose to hunt for pumpkins or not, players can return their game board to a redemption location at World of Disney or Disney’s Pin Trader for a spooky surprise, while supplies last.
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are an ideal place to start and end a day at the theme parks. For the Halloween season, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel features Ursula and her tentacles enveloping the lobby in a huge display; the Disneyland Hotel pays homage to the Haunted Mansion with themed lobby décor, and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa showcases a confectionery masterpiece – an Oogie Boogie chocolate sculpture made with 260 pounds of powdered sugar, 380 eggs, 95 pounds of marshmallow, 80 pounds of butter, 120 pounds of dark chocolate, 13 hidden Mickeys and so much more.
- Pumpkin Pics – In Disneyland park, the Mickey Mouse jack-o’-lantern on Main Street, U.S.A., is the most photographed spot during Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort.
- Main Street, U.S.A., Pumpkin Festival – Guests will want to carve out time to peruse more than 300 hand-carved pumpkins along Main Street, U.S.A. Placed in windows and perched atop storefronts, each jack-o’-lantern is unique and pertains to its location.
- “Halloween Screams” – This supernatural special effects show soars with flames, projections of rising ghosts and classic Disney villains like Maleficent and Ursula the Sea Witch, all set to a medley of Halloween-inspired, show-stopping songs. Guests will be able to view “Halloween Screams” from several different locations throughout Disneyland, including Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle and near “it’s a small world.” On weekends, a fireworks display caps off this seasonal spooktacular.
Guests may learn more about Halloween Time, other Disneyland Resort fall favorites and seasonal ticket values at Disneyland.com. The California Resident ticket offer* is available for state residents to use through Sept. 30, starting at $83 per day with a 3-day, one park per day ticket.
Latest posts by Guest Blog (see all)
- Three Disney Culinary Innovators You Need to Know - March 29, 2023
- An Inside Look at How Disney Culinary Cast Craft Egg-Stravagant Easter Egg Displays - March 28, 2023
- Disney Cruise Line Announces Inaugural Sailings to New Island Destination, Family Vacations Around the World in Summer 2024 - March 23, 2023