If you have been to Disney Springs at all this year, then you know about the frenzy that is Gideon’s Bakehouse. People wait HOURS for their opportunity to go inside and purchase their oversized cookies and cold brew. Well, if you don’t want to wait or you’re not at Disney, you can make similar cookies at home! Delish put out a copycat recipe that we can’t wait to try! Here’s what they recently published!
We’ve written tons of chocolate chip cookie recipes—chewy, crispy, fudgy, super-size, brown butter, you name it. But it’s safe to say these are the chippiest.
Inspired by the new Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney World, we pack ½ cup of chips on the outside of each cookie. (There are more chocolate chips inside the cookie, too!) But don’t worry—the semisweet morsels are more than just for show. The cookies themselves are incredibly delicious. Freeze the scooped dough to ensure the insides stay chewy and slightly gooey while the edges get browned and crispy.
We highly recommend you add these 6-ounce wonders to your cookie repertoire. Made them already? Let us know how they came out in the comments below!
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and clear room for baking sheet in freezer. In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on low speed, cream cold butter until it begins to lose its shape, 30 to 40 seconds. Add sugar and brown sugar and continue to cream for 60 seconds more, until no large butter pieces remain.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Gradually add flour mixture and beat to combine. When a dough has formed, add in 1½ cups of chocolate chips and beat just long enough to distribute the chips.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips. Portion large balls of dough, about 6 ounces (or ¾ cup) each. One by one, roll each ball in the bowl of chips, leaving the bottom bare. Lightly press chocolate chips into each dough ball and fill any large gaps with more chocolate chips.
- Place balls of dough on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 90 minutes. When nearing the end of the 90 minutes, preheat oven to 375ºF. Before baking, sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of flaky salt, then pile ½ tablespoon of chocolate chips on top of each ball of dough.
- Bake until cookies are golden around edges but still pale in center, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cookies cool completely before serving.
- Mark Your Calendar for the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts: Jan. 14 – Feb. 21, 2022 - October 21, 2021
- Spooky AND Cute Mickey Halloween Donuts! - October 20, 2021
- New Iridescent Jeweled Tumblers are Coming to Starbucks - October 20, 2021