From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Melody Vagnini
Can you believe this year marks the 30th anniversary of Disney Vacation Club? Today, we are officially kicking off our year-long celebration by revealing an exciting lineup of made-for-Member activities and benefits, as well a special performance for all Disney Parks Blog readers. Here’s a look at some of the offerings in store!
Join host Ryan March (Disney Files Magazine) for “We Go On,” a streaming musical event produced especially for Disney Vacation Club Members. This celebration of Membership Magic at home features uplifting entertainment, with inspirational performances by stage and screen star Keala Settle (known for her breakout role in “The Greatest Showman”) and the EPCOT fan-favorite a cappella group, the Voices of Liberty. You might just spot some other familiar faces with special talents to share! Members should check their email for a video link to view the full-length musical production.
But, of course, we want to give all of our Disney Parks Blog readers a glimpse at this one-of-a-kind show. In this powerful moment, Keala Settle joins Ryan to share the special meaning behind the song “it’s a small world” before performing an emotional rendition of this Disney classic.
Celebrate in style with customizable Disney Vacation Club 30th Anniversary merchandise, available now at shopdisney.com/membermarketplace.
We’re pleased to share that the popular Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge, overlooking EPCOT in the park’s Imagination! pavilion, will remain open through 2021. Available for Members with paid admission to EPCOT, the lounge is currently available from noon to 7 p.m. daily. Starting Jan. 31, the hours will adjust to 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge offers a convenient and comfortable place to recharge while visiting the theme park, with casual seating, complimentary beverages, device-charging stations, Wi-Fi, computer stations, a printer and mounted tablets pre-set to help you access many Disney websites.
In celebration of the 30th anniversary, Members are invited to take part in a brand-new scavenger hunt across Walt Disney World Resort. In this interactive and informative selfie-collecting quest, Disney Vacation Club Members will discover thematic insights and Disney details that are woven into the storytelling of each of the parks. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the trivia that participants will learn … did you know all of these?
Participants will conclude their scavenger hunt experience with some new Disney trivia up their sleeve and a commemorative Disney Vacation Club 30th Anniversary button to reward their eagle eye and selfie-taking skills! There are four buttons available, one for each of the parks.
Scenic Selfies begins on Feb. 16. To get started, bring your smart device and visit the designated Disney Vacation Club kiosk in each park: Magic Kingdom Park (Tomorrowland), EPCOT (alongside the Canada pavilion), Disney’s Hollywood Studios (before the entrance to Toy Story Land) and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park (Asia).
BENEFITS IN 2021
Here’s a snapshot at some of the Disney Vacation Club Member benefits planned for 2021:
- Disney Vacation Club Members now have more flexibility to save for dream vacations with Adventures by Disney as part of the Disney Collection. Eligible Members can combine Deposited, Banked, Borrowed and current Use Year Points across four years to enjoy access to unforgettable Adventures by Disney experiences. Terms apply.
- Eligible Members have regular access to multiple benefits at Walt Disney World Golf, including 15% discounts on rounds of golf whenever they play. Additionally, Members can take advantage of a special Golf Membership program.
- Disney Vacation Members looking for a road trip destination, an island getaway or even a bucket-list river cruise can use the exchange network to explore thousands of vacation locations around the world. Through 2021, Members can continue to enjoy the waived transaction fees for new exchange reservations.
- Members can show their blue Disney Vacation Club ID card to save up to 20% on select merchandise and up to 10% at select dining locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort.
To learn more, visit disneyvacationclub.com.
And finally, we want to hear from you! Celebrate your Disney Vacation Club Membership by sharing your Home Resort and “Member Since” date in the comments below!
Some elements mentioned are part of Membership Extras, which is an incidental benefit – these offers are subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee. Membership Extras are only available with eligible ownership interests. Visit http://disneyvacationclub.com/memextraspolicy for more information. Exchange privileges through RCI – destinations are subject to change without notice.
This promotional material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of timeshare interests.
- Main Street Confectionery Reopens Sept. 29 at Magic Kingdom Park with New Sweets and Treats - September 25, 2021
- Walt Disney World Vacation, Transporting Guests to Amazing Places of Fantasy and Faraway Worlds - September 24, 2021
- New Nighttime Spectacular ‘Disney Enchantment’ Inspires Guests to Find the Magic in Themselves - September 24, 2021