From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jennifer Fickley-Baker
Merry and bright, day and night, the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth shares an abundance of joy and festive holiday traditions with you and your family now through Dec. 30. And there’s a fun new Future World festival addition this year: Living with the Land: Merry and Bright Nights! When the seasonal sun sets, you can embark on the classic Living with the Land boat cruise through greenhouses thriving with colorful fruits and veggies and decorated with sparkling holiday light displays.
The spirit of joy and seasonal lore infuse Epcot, where storytellers from countries around the World Showcase share legends and traditions ranging from a musical tour of the Great White North with the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs to the Hanukkah Storyteller’s tales of diverse music and customs (between Morocco and France pavilions). Daily performances of JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season, will share uplifting gospel, R&B and holiday songs of Christmas and Kwanzaa at the World Showcase Plaza Stage.
And the food! At Holiday Kitchens encircling the World Showcase Promenade, you’ll find Potato Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce from Germany, Slow-Roasted Turkey with Stuffing at American Holiday Table, Canadian Wild Rice and Ham Soup from Yukon Holiday Kitchen – the offerings are vast and suited to many palates. Your sweet tooth will thank you as you embark on the Holiday Cookie Stroll – gingerbread or black and white cookie, anyone? Then catch a performance of the beloved Candlelight Processional each evening with a celebrity narrator, 50-piece orchestra and full choir. For a grand holiday breakfast, lunch or dinner, book a Candlelight Processional Table Service Dining Package at select restaurants, which includes guaranteed seating at a same-day Candlelight performance.
There’s so much to see and do, you’ll want to return for another go-round.
- Epcot SCROLLS – In each entertainment location, you’ll discover one of 13 scrolls featuring fun new ideas for your own holiday traditions and tips to find nearby holiday photo spots.
- Voices of Liberty – You won’t want to miss the beautiful a cappella holiday music of the Dickens Carolers at The American Adventure pavilion.
- Green Landing Family Play Zone – You and your human family can explore this lush green spot with Wall-E and Eve.
- Holiday Markets – It’s easy to celebrate the season with authentic gifts from special holiday markets of Mexico, Norway, Germany, Italy, France and more! Festive Epcot merchandise collections give Chip ‘n’ Dale a showcase on mugs, jerseys, ornaments and the Holiday Cookie Jar.
The Candlelight Processional is performed three times nightly at 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. – guaranteed seating is available by booking a Candlelight Processional Dining Package at EpcotHolidays.com or by calling 407-WDW-FEST.
*Narrators and entertainment are subject to change without notice. Theme park admission is required.
- Harness Your Creative Side with These Imaginative Styles During the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts - January 15, 2022
- A Penny for Your Thoughts: Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration Coin Pressed Pennies, Medallions and Tags Are Minted With Memories - January 13, 2022
- A Wacky, Zany and Wild Time at Goofy’s Mystery Tour - January 13, 2022