From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
We know many of you have been looking for an update on Disney Skyliner and are glad to share that it has reopened to guests today. Following a complete review with the manufacturer, we’ve made adjustments to our processes and training, and we are improving how we communicate with guests during their flight with Disney Skyliner. We again offer our deepest apologies to the guests impacted by the malfunction that resulted in extended operating delays on Oct. 5.
Beginning today, guests may travel aboard Disney Skyliner from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. However, system updates later this week will result in the following modified operating hours for Oct. 16-18:
- Oct. 16: The Disney Hollywood Studios line will be closed while the other two lines will be available from 1 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Oct. 17-18: All lines will be open from 1 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Similar to ski lift systems, Disney Skyliner may slow or come to some stops during the ride, particularly when we need to accommodate guests who require additional time to load their cabin. We want to assure you that the comfort of every guest is important to us.
As a reminder, Disney Skyliner connects Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to four Disney resort hotels: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort (and the forthcoming Disney’s Riviera Resort, a Disney Vacation Club resort set to open Dec. 16, 2019).
We greatly appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you back aboard Disney Skyliner.
- Experience Disney+ Holiday Magic at Disney Parks - December 5, 2022
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course Reopening This Month with New Touches of Disney Magic - December 5, 2022
- Disney Delivers 75,000 Toys to Children in Need Through the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive - December 5, 2022