From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jennifer Fickley-Baker
It seems like just yesterday when we began serving up tantalizing news bites about the 24th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which runs a record 87 days from Aug. 29 to Nov. 23. And now, less than two weeks from opening, here’s more!
Two additional new marketplaces – The Donut Box and Cool Wash – will debut Oct. 1 with sweet eats and refreshing sips. Disney chefs have harnessed their creative energies for a festival spin on the donut craze, producing irresistible marketplace goodies that include a Black and White Coffee Cocktail garnished with a fresh yeast donut sprinkled with chocolate espresso bean crumbles. Yes, please! And, there’s more – The Donut Box also will feature a Sweet Corn Fritter with Fresno and red pepper jelly, plus Strawberry-dusted Yeast Donut Holes. Also on the menu is a Strawberry Smoothie made with Blue Diamond Breeze Almondmilk® and an exclusive festival beer called Boston Cream Donut Ale (yes, we said “donut ale”!) from Central 28 Beer Company, located in DeBary, Fla.
Cool Wash will be a chill stop where you can create your own frozen beverages with slushy flavors ranging from Blue Raspberry to Orange Cream. Then, go crazy with mix-ins: Swedish Fish, Jelly Drops, Boba Pearls and – wait for it — Pop Rocks! Talk about a taste-bud party!
There’s also big news on the Eat to the Beat Concert front! Central Florida boyband great Joey Fatone hits the America Gardens Theatre stage Nov. 12-14 as Joey Fatone and Friends, featuring Chris Kirkpatrick and Ryan Cabrera. Expect plenty of dance moves and enough personality to delight guests of all ages. And we’re thrilled to announce another Eat to the Beat update: alternative rock band Smash Mouth – soon to release a brand-new album — will rock the stage Sept. 16-17. Don’t forget, you can get your gourmet groove on Aug. 29-Nov. 19 with an Eat to the Beat Dining Package. Dining packages are available at select table-service locations and include guaranteed concert seating.
Let the music play on for the nightly Disney du Jour Dance Party! We just learned of some new Radio Disney artist appearances to add to those already announced:
- Sept. 27-28 – Isabella Nicole (“Headphones”)
- Oct. 4-5 – Avenue Beat (“Delight”)
- Nov. 1-2 – AJ Mitchell (“All My Friends”)
- Nov. 8-9 – Kylie Cantrall (“That’s What I’m Talkin’ Bout”)
- Nov. 15-16 – Erin Bowman (“Keep Me Warm”)
- Nov. 22-23 –Tegan Marie (“Horses”)
Reservations for special programming and premium festival events including Eat to the Beat Dining Packages can be made by calling (407) WDW-FEST.
For more information on the Festival, check out TasteEpcot.com and keep checking back to the Disney Parks Blog for more Festival updates!
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Cooking Up the Magic — First Time on Disney Parks Blog – Recipe for Totchos from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – YEEHAW! - June 4, 2020
- The Walt Disney Company Pledges $5 Million To Support Nonprofit Organizations - June 3, 2020
- This Week in Disney History: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opens at Disneyland Resort, 2019 - May 31, 2020