From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
The Fourth of July is here and we’re celebrating our nation’s birthday with entertainment, scrumptious treats and patriotic pageantry at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. Here’s a look at what’s going on today at Disney Parks, including LIVE coverage from Magic Kingdom Park:
Walt Disney World
Magic Kingdom Park – “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will offer booming fireworks orchestrated to patriotic melodies at Magic Kingdom Park on both July 3 and July 4 at 9:15 p.m. Fans who are not able to join in the Independence Day celebration at the park can view a special July 4 live stream of the dazzling fireworks display right here on the Disney Parks Blog. Here’s more entertainment planned at Magic Kingdom Park:
- A fuzzy cast of Muppets – Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie Bear and friends will reenact famous moments in American history in a whimsical way during “The Muppets Present … Great Moments in History.” The live show is performed several times daily near the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square.
- Guests can dance the night away with DJs spinning tunes at a Hoedown Throwdown in Frontierland and an out-of-this-world Galactic Gathering in Tomorrowland.
Epcot – “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will end its nearly 20-year run on September 30, 2019. So this will be the last chance to experience the patriotic Fourth of July grand finale of this beloved nighttime spectacular. “The Heartbeat of Freedom” fireworks extravaganza will begin immediately following the 9 p.m. “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” display. Here’s more entertainment planned at Epcot:
- The Voices of Liberty will perform great American tunes during a Fourth of July concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. on July 4. The group also will perform in the rotunda inside The American Adventure pavilion at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Guests can meet favorite Disney characters donning their “Spirit of 76” patriotic attire at The American Adventure throughout the day on July 4.
- And guests can indulge in themed eats and sips honoring Independence Day throughout the park – everything from patriotic cupcakes and special dining packages to red, white, and blue sangria and a Boom Berry Lemonade.
For America’s Birthday at Disneyland park on July 4only, “Disney’s Celebrate America! – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will animate the night with star-spangled spirit to the sounds of patriotic songs.
From Disneyland Railroad, to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, to Frontierland and Mark Twain Riverboat, to the flag retreat ceremony saluting visiting members of the armed forces, America is celebrated daily throughout Disneyland.
And as Gabriel shared this week, there’s more! Here’s what else guests will find throughout the resort:
At Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, on July 4 only, from 3-10 p.m., guests will discover a Fourth of July family BBQ at the rooftop The Sand Bar, with live music starting at 6 p.m., followed by fireworks from Disneyland park at 9:30 p.m. A special a la carte menu will feature short rib brisket burgers, all-beef hot dogs, street corn on the cob and specialty drinks. Complimentary family activities and face painting are also in store. Subject to availability. This offering is open to the public and does not require a hotel reservation.
At Disneyland Hotel, on July 4 only, from 12-4 p.m., hotel guests of all ages can get in the patriotic spirit with family activities, live music, complimentary face painting, caricatures and tasty delights on the hotel’s Magic Kingdom Lawn. Subject to availability.
At the Downtown Disney District, guests will discover an array of patriotic offerings. For patriotic wear, guests can visit Curl Surf. For the Frozen Cherry Boba Lemonade, drop in Wetzel’s Pretzels, and for the Firecracker Cocktail, check out Splitsville Luxury Lanes. Hungry? We’ve got you covered with Berry Ice Creams at Salt & Straw, or a 4th of July Box or Americana Mini Sampler at Sprinkles. For a decadent dessert, try the Red, White & Blue Cake Shake from Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes. How’s that for a fun stroll around the neighborhood?