From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Michelle Harker
You never know what strange things will materialize when happy haunts are involved. It’s been a couple of years now (though it feels like 50) since I’ve had the chance to write, or in this case “ghost” write for the Disney Parks Blog, and I’ve very much missed so many of you kind souls …
One of our most beloved Disneyland Resort attractions, Haunted Mansion, is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. To celebrate, we’re throwing an “under the hill” soiree and I’m excited to share the event details with you now.
In August, choose to attend one of the “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving” events. These after-hours events at Disneyland park are filled with chills, thrills and frightful fun. Unearth commemorative anniversary merchandise items, delight in spirited sips and bites, enjoy special entertainment, character encounters, photo ops, and access to several west-side park attractions, plus a few supernatural surprises.
Here are the event highlights:
- Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America. Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the ensuing party festivities, lovingly referred to as a “Swinging Wake.” Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.
- Re-create hauntingly fun moments and scenes from the attraction against themed backdrops. You’ll also receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the event.
- Enjoy event-themed food and beverages, in addition to other unique menu items available for purchase at select park locations.
- Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the Haunted Mansion.
- Pay homage to 50 phenomenal years through themed décor as 999 tenants anxiously await their newest arrivals.
- Enjoy after-hours access to select attractions in New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland. Note: Select attractions will close early during the event.
- See and be seen while wearing attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts! Plus, limited-time Snapchat filters and event hashtags are great for pics posted on your social media feeds.
- Get your first look at all of the Estate Merchandise that has been conjured up for the event. You won’t believe your eyes. Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the items we were able to dig up:
Event Ticket Tip: When purchasing the event ticket, you will be allowed to purchase one (1) ticket per person, per event date, per transaction. You might wonder why, and it is due to the merchandise offerings that will be released in conjunction with the event which requires each ticketed event guest to have a unique registration ID.
A limited quantity of tickets for both event nights will be available beginning Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 10 a.m. PT. Learn more about the event, details and pricing, including how to purchase tickets here.
Hurry Back …
Tickets to the event are valid only for the specific event date and hours. Tickets can only be purchased online – availability is limited, while supplies last. No discounts apply. Parking fees not included in ticket price. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for commercial use. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/ for restrictions. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and conditions at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Online registration required. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice. No refunds given for any such changes or cancellations whether due to inclement weather or otherwise.
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Coming to Disney Parks in Late 2024 - July 1, 2022
- Full Lineup: 2022 Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT - June 30, 2022
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Returns August 25 - June 28, 2022