From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
This was another exciting week of awards for Disney Parks!
On Tuesday, the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) announced that Nemo & Friends SeaRider at Tokyo DisneySea Park will receive a Thea Award for Outstanding Achievement. On this popular, immersive experience, guests board a submersible that “shrinks” to the size of a fish and explore the wondrous world of marine life from the same point of view as Nemo and Dory.
The Thea Awards were created by TEA in 1994 to recognize achievement, talent and personal excellence within the themed entertainment industry. The 25th Thea Awards Gala will be held on Saturday, April 13, 2019, at the Disneyland Hotel where the actual awards will be presented.
But that wasn’t all – last night, the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) honored Disney Parks Live Entertainment and our Merchandise team with Brass Ring Awards:
- Best Theatrical Production: Beauty and the Beast, Disney Dream
- Most Creative Multimedia Spectacular: Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland
- Best Hard Good Item: Light Up Slinky Dog
IAAPA presents Brass Ring Awards to honor excellence in food and beverage, games and retail, human resources, live entertainment, marketing, new products and exhibits.
Bob Weis, President of Walt Disney Imagineering, shared his appreciation for the industry honors on behalf of Imagineers, “I’m so proud of the Imagineers who created and brought to life Nemo & Friends SeaRider at Tokyo DisneySea; our Live Entertainment teams that delivered two more award-winning shows – an amazing nighttime spectacular honoring the 35th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland, and an innovative and powerful theatrical performance of Beauty and the Beast aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship; and the merchandise team who helped bring Slinky Dog to life in an entirely new way as a light-up toy.”
Congratulations to all!
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Cooking Up the Magic — First Time on Disney Parks Blog – Recipe for Totchos from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – YEEHAW! - June 4, 2020
- The Walt Disney Company Pledges $5 Million To Support Nonprofit Organizations - June 3, 2020
- This Week in Disney History: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opens at Disneyland Resort, 2019 - May 31, 2020