From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Michelle Baumann
Summer is in full swing! And what better way to soak up the sun than a refreshing day at Disney’s Water Parks.
Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon appeal to the whole family with playful theming, splashy rides, tasty treats and even character meet and greets. And how about that lazy river. But there’s lots to know before you tackle the water parks with a toddler in tow:
- Both water parks are super kid friendly with gentler offerings and dedicated areas carved out for little ones to explore. There is Ketchakiddee Creek at Typhoon Lagoon and Tike’s Peak at Blizzard Beach. Both offer uniquely themed pint-size slides, mini inner tube rides, 6-inch wading areas and water play areas sized just right. The S.S. Squirt interactive tug boat is tops at Typhoon Lagoon while the squirting snow-castle fountain play area ranks high at Blizzard Beach. (The areas are for kids 2-5 years old, or under 48 inches tall.)
- If you forgot your child’s pool floaties, no worries. Disney provides complimentary life vests for little ones offering that extra peace of mind. You can grab one from one of the many racks available throughout Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Other needed supplies like sunscreen are available for purchase at the shops on site.
- Kids can get their character fix at the water parks with photo ops and autograph signings. Say aloha to Lilo and Stitch at Typhoon Lagoon, or meet up with Goofy who hangs out at Blizzard Beach.
- Tasty treats are on tap at both parks including mini powdered sugar donuts with delicious chocolate and fruit toppings and the ultimate Sand Pail Sundae. This sugary splurge features chocolate and vanilla soft-serve ice cream topped with waffle cone pieces, Oreo Cookie pieces, sprinkles, hot fudge, caramel sauce, whipped cream and a cherry all layered inside a sand pail complete with shovel. Can you say yummy?
- There’s plenty of comfortable seating at both water parks to rest in between water activities. Or if you want a little extra privacy, check out the spacious cabanas that include waters, a locker and towels, as well as refillable mugs for soft drinks. And cabanas are the ideal spot for a shady afternoon nap. Your cabana attendant will even take care of meals and snacks. For reservations and pricing information, guests can call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529.
- Customize Your Own Magical Disney Park with the New Mobile Puzzle Game, Disney Wonderful Worlds - August 8, 2020
- FIRST LOOK: D23 Celebrates 65 Years of the Disney Theme Park - August 6, 2020
- The Rohdes, Less Traveled: Inside the Design and Inspiration of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park - August 6, 2020