Happy Thursday Main Streeters, and welcome back to my series on the hidden gems of Disney parks. I’m covering fun and exciting experiences available to guests in what Disney calls their Enchanting Extras Collection.
Disney is a place of magic for everyone, but it’s also considered a staple experience for families to travel and visit the House of Mouse. It can understandably be a source of trepidation when you travel with small children, and I often see a lot of people ask about what kind of activities are available for families in the parks, aside from rides and shows. When you go to Disney, and you’re not a local, you’re going to want to make the most of your time; meet some of the characters, ride great rides, but not be stuck in eternal lines for those kinds of memories. Heck even if you’re a local, the tour I’m about to cover can give you a fun inexpensive alternative to discover with some fantastic perks, but if you choose to go on this quest, you’ll need to put on your thinking cap.
The Family Magic Tour is a guided 2 hour scavenger hunt all around Magic Kingdom; you’re going to want to wear good walking shoes. It’s incredibly affordable too, with a price tag of $39 per person that includes some very fun VIP style perks. You’ll meet at Town Square Theater about 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time. There, you’ll meet your tour guide as well as receive a name tag and a bottle of water to stay hydrated.
TMSM doesn’t do spoilers, so I will be a little vague on the premise of your quest, and it’s important to note that not all quests are created equal. Disney strives to give guests fresh and innovative experiences, so one guide may run their tour differently than another, and that includes access to certain memorable moments. Before the tour, your guide will tell you why you’re on the scavenger hunt, and you’ll start with a game to earn your first clue; this kicks off your adventure. Throughout the 2 hours, you’ll be searching for clues and props on Main Street USA, Liberty Square and Fantasyland. On this quest, you could get to have opportunities to meet characters like Peter Pan and the big cheese himself, Mickey Mouse. As you search for more clues, your guide may also facilitate several FastPass experiences for rides. Again, each tour is different, but each tour is magical.
I would highly recommend bringing a good camera as well for photo ops and to capture the silliness of some of the clue solving. Each person on the your gets involved, no matter the age, young or old. It should also be noted this tour is not offered on Sunday, Wednesday or Thursday at Magic Kingdom.
Disney wants everyone to have a great experience, so here is what they say you need to know before you go:
- Children and the young at heart will enjoy this fanciful adventure, though it is best suited for Guests 4 to 10 years of age. Guests 16 years of age and under must be accompanied by a paying adult (18 years of age or older).
- Please note that the tour involves a lot of outdoor walking for approximately 2 hours, so be sure to check the weather forecast and dress appropriately, including wearing comfortable shoes. Accordingly, the tour may be too strenuous for some of our younger Guests.
- Please check in at Town Square Theater within Main Street U.S.A. 15 minutes prior to your experience. You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
- Same-day bookings are on a walk-up basis only, based upon availability.
Tell us Main Streeters, have you participated in this tour before? What was your favorite part? We would love for you to share your experiences with us.
Until next week friends!
- Will Galaxy’s Edge be available during Extra Magic Hours? - May 23, 2019
- Three Limited Disney Rewards for Summer - May 16, 2019
- Walking in Walt’s Footsteps - May 9, 2019