On of my favorite aspects of the new Pandora at Animal Kingdom is the walk up spot, Pongu Pongu. Check out this recipe for Pongu Lumpia, I’ve had it and it’s delicious!
From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Rachel Bshero
It’s no secret that my favorite snack from Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is Pongu Lumpia, from Pongu Pongu. Today, I’m excited to share a recipe for Pongu Lumpia which has been adapted to be made at home.
On Earth, lumpia is a spring roll of Chinese origin, commonly found as a popular street food snack in Indonesia and the Philippines. It is traditionally a mixture of savory vegetables and chopped meat filling rolled in a spring roll wrapper. However, the Disney Culinary Team developed the version sold at Pandora – The World of Avatar with a sweet spin – cream cheese and diced pineapple.
Pongu Lumpia (Pineapple Cream Cheese Spring Rolls)
Pongu Pongu, Pandora—The World of Avatar
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Makes 10 Lumpia
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- Oil for frying
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Carefully separate spring roll wrappers. Cover wrappers with moist paper towel to prevent drying.
3. Cut softened cream cheese into 10 equal pieces.
4. Place one spring roll wrapper on a cutting board. Place one piece of cream cheese in the center of the spring roll and spread evenly on wrapper, leaving a 3/4-inch border around the edges. Add 3 tablespoons of diced pineapple and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
5. Roll one edge of the wrapper towards the center. Fold in both sides and continue rolling. Moisten the edge with water to seal the lumpia.
6. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
7. Place lumpia on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
8. Preheat 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to 350°F. Fry lumpia for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
9. Roll in remaining sugar before serving.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.,
and may not be reproduced without express permission.
- Foodie Guide to Tasty EPCOT 40th Anniversary Festivities - September 23, 2022
- Celebrating 40 Years of EPCOT: New Merchandise Coming Soon! - September 22, 2022
- See first look at RuPaul’s Drag Race trio as the Sanderson Sisters in Hocus Pocus 2! - September 22, 2022