Last night Walt Disney World released a new My Disney Experience app update (Version 4.8) and wow is it useful! This new update allows guests on Disney’s Dining Plan to track their Dining Plan usage right there in the MDE app, meaning no more asking a Cast Member to check how many snack credits you have left. Resort guests will also be able to keep track of the purchases they have made using room charge.
The Disneyland app was also updated last night! Walt Disney World and Disneyland Annual Passholders will be excited to see that last night’s updates now give them the ability to renew their eligible annual passes right there in the My Disney Experience and the Disneyland apps! (You will still have to stop at a ticketing booth or Guest Relations to activate your renewed AP and to pick up your AP perks booklet and card.)
Here are some information on other previous MDE and Disneyland app updates you might have missed!
My Disney Experience:
- The new “Mobile Order” counter service feature now lets guests order and pay for their food right in MDE. Currently Animal Kingdom Park guests can use the MDE app to order ahead at Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, and the new Satu’il Canteen.
- MDE now gives guests who have enabled app alerts notifications on their phone when their PhotoPass photos are available in their app.
- Walt Disney World Resort guests now have access to more information about their resort than ever before. Not only can guests now see more specific resort information related to their reservation (room type and location) but now they can easily see details on what their resort has to offer! With one tap guests can now see what dining, recreation, events, entertainment and shopping options are available at their resort. There is even information on spas and tours for select applicable resorts.
- Originally FP+ opened at 12am ET at the 60-day point for resort guests and 30-day point for non resort guests, this changed in May 2016. Guests now book FP+ at the 60 and 30 day points at 7am ET. As of April 2016 you can now choose up to 3 FP+ options in one park ahead of time, and once you have used your original options you can then add 1 FP+ option at a time in the MDE app or at the kiosk for the park you are in, or the park you are hopping to. You still can’t choose FP+ options in advance in multiple parks.
- The new MDE direction system lets guests get directions on how to get from Point A to Point B on property using Disney Transportation, their own car, or walking.
- In July Disneyland released their new MaxPass program which works with Disneyland’s FastPass program. Instead of going to an attraction to get a FastPass, Disneyland guests opting to use the MaxPass system can get their FastPasses through the Disneyland app while in the park. For more information on the new option MaxPass program visit the TMSM’s archives here and here.