With the additional of Pandora, Walt Disney World has made some changes to their FastPass+ system, so tonight we wanted to take a moment to “Re-Explain” Fastpass+. With the opening of the new Animal Kingdom attractions and the moving of existing character meet and greets FP+ options have changed in a few parks.
Recent MDE Changes You May Have Missed
- The new “Mobile Order” counter service feature now lets guests order and pay for their food right in MDE. Currently Animal Kingdom Park guests can use the MDE app to order ahead at Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, and the new Satu’il Canteen.
- MDE now gives guests who have enabled app alerts notifications on their phone when their PhotoPass photos are available in their app.
- Walt Disney World Resort guests now have access to more information about their resort than ever before. Not only can guests now see more specific resort information related to their reservation (room type and location) but now they can easily see details on what their resort has to offer! With one tap guests can now see what dining, recreation, events, entertainment and shopping options are available at their resort. There is even information on spas and tours for select applicable resorts.
- Originally FP+ opened at 12am ET at the 60-day point for resort guests and 30-day point for non resort guests, this changed in May 2016. Guests now book FP+ at the 60 and 30 day points at 7am ET. As of April 2016 you can now choose up to 3 FP+ options in one park ahead of time, and once you have used your original options you can then add 1 FP+ option at a time in the MDE app or at the kiosk for the park you are in, or the park you are hopping to. You still can’t choose FP+ options in advance in multiple parks.
Please know the list below reflects the new Animal Kingdom attractions, Frozen Ever After, and changes in character meet and greet FP+ names. The new FastPass+ options are as follows:
The new Pandora rides work as specially tiered FP+ options. You may only choose one of the new Pandora attractions when you book your initial three FP+ options in the Animal Kingdom. After using all three FP+ options you can then book a FP+ for the other Pandora attraction if that option is available.
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Na’vi River Journey
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost (Mickey and Minnie in their Safari outfits)
- Primeval Whirl
- Rivers of Light
- Frozen Ever After
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (when offered as a FP+ option availability may vary)
- Test Track
- Festival Concerts – this option does not always occur, and until Ecpot confirms it, I wouldn’t worry, but when they are confirmed these shows tend to be Tier 1
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Journey Into Imagination
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot (The Fab Five in their “Future Outfits”)
- Mission Space (Orange and Green)
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Spaceship Earth
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- The Great Movie Ride
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage
- For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Muppet-Vision 3D
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- it’s a small world
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Begins Nov. 25! - November 22, 2022
- Brandy to reprise her role as Cinderella in new Descendants film - November 21, 2022
- Disney board reached out to Iger on Friday following concerns over earnings - November 21, 2022