From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: John McClintock
Are you eager to be in the grandstands when Lighting McQueen and company hit the racetrack again in the upcoming Disney•Pixar movie, “Cars 3”? Well, before “Cars 3” arrives in theaters in 3D on June 16, Disneyland Resort guests can thrill to the “Road to the Races” tour, making a pit stop in the Downtown Disney District on Monday and Tuesday, June 12 and 13.
The “Cars 3” tour has been traveling across the country, and you might have read about it when it stopped at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort in March. Check it out here!
There will be fun activities for the whole family as well as photo opportunities with life-size replicas of Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez and Jackson Storm. And you can visit the real Lightning McQueen in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park!
Here’s a glimpse at what you’ll experience during the “Road to the Races” tour:
- A giant color mural sponsored by Alamo Rent A Car
- An interactive racer pit crew tire-changing activity and photo opportunity with Coppertone
- A Piston Cup prize wheel with prizes and digital postcard sponsored by Crest + Oral-B
- Sample high-octane smoothies at the Dole Refueling Station
- An interactive play area with Mattel
- An opportunity to learn about the history and science behind NASCAR
So get your motors running! The tour, located near ESPN Zone and Rainforest Café, will be open on Monday, June 12 and Tuesday, June 13, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.