Be sure to check out the video below too! Enjoy!
One of the best attractions/rides at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom is Expedition Everest. Following the tale of a runaway train through the Himalayan Mountains, riders are taken on a journey like no other! Here are some neat features about this ride.
- Opened on April 7, 2006
- Tallest mountain in all of the Walt Disney Parks standing at 199ft. tall
- 18th mountain-themed attraction for Disney
- 1st Disney roller coaster to switch between forward and backwards in a single ride
- Features a Yeti that is the largest and most complex audio-animatronic figure ever built by Disney and is 25ft. tall, has 1,000 sq. ft. of ‘skin’ that is held in place by 1,000 snaps and 250 zippers and is controlled by 19 actuators
- The Yeti broke a few months after opening when the framing split which could cause a malfunction if it operated
- Holds 34 passengers per train
- Features an 80 ft. drop
- Made the Guinness World Records in 2011 as the most expensive roller coaster in the world – reportedly $100 million once it was completed
Who else wishes the Yeti would work again?