With Halloween over we know Main Streeters are now thinking about the upcoming holiday events and decoration schedules at Walt Disney World. Even though times and locations for all holiday events can be found in the My Disney Experience App we have taken the time to compile a list of events and their start and finish dates below to help you with your holiday event planning.
- The Castle Dream Lights/A Frozen Holiday Wish Show at Cinderella Castle will be held nightly at 6:15 pm and 8:20 pm on non party nights, and 6:15 pm and 8:00 pm in front of Cinderella Castle.
- The highly popular Jingle Cruise layover which brings a holiday theme to the legendary Jungle Cruise will be running during park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties.
- Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration parade taping will occur November 10-13, 2015.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a special ticket event held on select nights. This year it will be held on November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20 and 29 and December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 18. Those who buy a party ticket can enter the park at 4pm. The party itself runs from 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM. Though exact locations of each event can be found in your party guide map, times for the party’s special events are as follows:
- A Frozen Holiday Wish Show at Cinderella Castle 6:15 pm and 8:00 pm in front of Cinderella Castle.
- Meet Santa Claus- Consult nightly times guide
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade 8:15 pm and 10:30pm
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas! 7:45 pm, 8:40 pm, 9:45 pm, 10:40 pm, and 11:35 pm
- “Celebrate the Season” Show 7:30pm, 10:05 pm, and 11:20 pm
- Club Tinsel – Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- Holiday Hootenanny – A Country Christmas Dance Party 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- Celebrate the Magic 9:15pm
- Holiday Wishes – Celebrate the Spirit of the Season 9:30 PM
- The special party Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card can be picked up by party attendees at the Magic Kingdom Firehouse or the the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom booth located behind the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square. For more information on this year’s card go here.
Christmas Week Special Events:
Starting December 19- December 31 the following holiday events will be held during park hours.
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade 3:30 pm
New Year’s Eve Fireworks:
Though the exact time has yet to be announced the Magic Kingdom’s New Year’s Eve Firework display is usually held December 30 and 31st.
- The Osborne Family lights will officially run nightly from – , 2016 starting at 6pm and ending park close.
- Santa Goofy will make appearances during the lights, see times guide for exact times.
- The special ticket Merry and Bright is being held November 6 to December 24, 2015, from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM and December 25 to December 30, 2015, from 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM. There will be no party on November 17, December 9 and December 18. Reservations for this special ticket event can be made through Disney Dining.
- Merry & Bright Dinner Reception will be held from January 1 to January 3, 2016. Reservations for this special ticket event can be made through Disney Dining.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine will run with it’s Winter Holiday theme from November 7, 2015 – January 3, 2016. Reservations for this dinner can be made through Disney Dining.
The nightly Candlelight Processional is held 3 times a night at 5:00 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:15 PM, except on December 6, 2015 when it is only held at 6:45 PM and 8:15 PM only. This year’s Narrator schedule is as follows:
- Gary Sinise November 27 to 29, 2015
- Neil Patrick Harris November 30 to December 3, 2015
- Whoopi Goldberg December 4 and 5, 2015
- Joe Morton December 6 to 8, 2015
- Ana Gasteyer December 9 to 11, 2015
- Meredith Vieira December 12 to 14, 2015
- America Ferrera December 15 to 17, 2015
- Chandra Wilson December 18 to 20, 2015
- Daniel Dae Kim December 21 to 23, 2015
- Edward James Olmos December 24 to 26, 2015
- Blair Underwood December 27 to 28, 2015
- Amy Grant December 29 to 30, 2015
Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season a seasonal showcase that blends gospel and inspirational melodies with jazz, R&B and urban music will be held daily t 1:15 pm, 2:25 pm, 3:25 pm and 4:25 pm.
The World Showcase’s Holidays Around the Wrld at Epcot will be held daily from 11:00 AM until close of day. They start November 27 and end December 30.
Due to the continuing construction Animal Kingdom’s holiday events will once again be based around decorations, performances in the park, and Mickey and Minnie in their holiday attire at the Adventurer’s Outpost. Exact times and locations of these events will appear in MDE and the Park’s Time Guide.
Santa will be meeting fans across from Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop. Once again parents can check in ahead of time and get a return pager.
New decorations will be found throughout the Springs.
Holiday decor will be up by Thanksgiving but currently Disney does not release exact dates of planned completed work.
Special Events and Tours
Disney’s Holiday D-Lights tour is a 5 hour tour through three parks. Guests on the tour will “witness the stirring Candlelight Processional, stroll through the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights,take in the charm of delightful holiday trimmings on Main Street, U.S.A. and behold the majesty of Cinderella Castle,, meet the talented Event & Decorating Support team responsible for turning the entire Resort into a winter wonderland and producing thousands of grand-scale events each year and enjoy a light holiday-themed buffet, included with your tour.” This $259 tour is offered only on select nights in November and December. Call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687 for exact dates.
Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy is a festive and fact-filled 3-hour tour that lets guests “meet the Cast Members of Holiday Services, Explore World Showcase and hear how holidays are celebrated around the globe, Get an up-close look at the traditional trimmings of Main Street, U.S.A.and Visit a Resort hotel and learn how the lavish holiday atmosphere is created.” This seasonal behind the scenes tour is $99 a person. Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy tour is offered only on select dates in November and December. Call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687 for exact schedule.
Horse Drawn Excursion – Holiday Sleigh Rides allows guests to “take in the unspoiled beauty of the woodlands surrounding Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and see them as you’ve never seen them before. Holiday sleigh rides depart from the main entrance of Crockett’s Tavern at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground every 30 minutes and are offered nightly during the month of December. Due to their seasonal nature, reservations are strongly recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY, or (407) 939-7529. “
- NEW! The Haunted Mansion by Dooney & Bourke - September 21, 2020
- MARVEL STUDIOS’ UPCOMING DISNEY+ SERIES “WANDAVISION” TRAILER JUST UNVEILED DURING THE 72nd PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS - September 20, 2020
- Three New Sets of Polka Dot Minnie Ears at WDW! - September 20, 2020