Today In Disney History ~ August 5th
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 eggplant
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, diced
- 7-8 pieces basil, chopped
- All-purpose flour for dredging the eggplant slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant, skin on, thinly.
- Dredge it in the flour on both sides to evenly coat each slice, shaking off the excess.
- Over medium-low heat, warm enough extra virgin olive oil to cover the bottom of a sauté pan.
- In a few separate batches, gently sauté the slices in a single layer, until they are a light golden brown on each side.
- Lay them out to cool and rest.
- Put a layer of marinara sauce in a baking pan.
- Top with a layer of eggplant slices.
- Cover this with another layer of marinara.
- Add a layer of mozzarella, Parmesan and basil.
- Repeat this pattern three more times over in the pan.
- Bake in an oven at 350 degrees, remove and let stand, then serve.
Zeppole di Ricotta
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cup ricotta
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- vegetable oil, for frying
- confectioner sugar, for dusting
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and combine. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until completely blended. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then whisk until just combined and ingredients thoroughly moistened.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a large stockpot or deep fryer. Drop batter a few spoonfuls at a time, and fry about 5 minutes, turning once, or until both sides if fritters are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack over paper towels to drain about 1 minute. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.
Via Napoli’s Tiramisu Martini – Official Recipe
- 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 oz Baileys
- 1/2 oz Kahlua
- 1/2 oz half and half cream
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Mix all ingredients in a shaker and pour into glass.
- Garnish with chocolate powder and a chocolate stick in a martini glass.
- Enjoy responsibly
Disney Parks Via Napoli Walk Through From Disney Parks YouTube
TMSM Today in Graphic by Sherry Rinaldi DeHart