TMSM will be hosting our big meet up on October 17th, so I thought this would be fun for those who will be going as well as those at home. Sure, we’re planning early, but this gives us plenty of time to come up with fun ideas! Here you go!
card stock or foam (or if your local art store has them balsa wood “photo props”)
paint and/or patterned paper
modge podge (if you are using paper)
chop sticks, balsa stick or paint sticks from the home improvement store
(If you were able to find Balsa props Skip Steps 1 -4)
1. Print out the prop stencils you want to use from below
2. Trace them on the Foam or paper
3. Cut out
4. Attach to your stick
5. DECORATE!!!! You can paint, glue paper etc to your pattern to decorate it any way you want!
(For the balsa props I glued the item to the back of scrapbook paper and left it sitting face down for awhile to dry, then had the person in the house that is allowed to use a crafting knife cut them out from behind the pattern)
6. I coated my props (painted and paper decorated) with Modge Podge to give them some protection. I used Glitter Modge Podge to give them shine.
7. After your props are dry it is time to have some fun!! Get out there and take some photos of you and your props and then share them with us on our Facebook page!!!
Tip: I took a empty box and cut holes in it to slide the bow ties in the pictures in it so they could stand while drying)
Supplies for tomorrow:
3 peel and stick foam sheets (black, red and yellow for Mickey or Pink, Black and white for Minnie)
- New “it’s a small world” Collection Coming Tomorrow, Dec 1 - November 30, 2023
- World Celebration Gardens, ‘Walt the Dreamer’ Statue Debut - November 28, 2023
- New Holiday Rum Barrel Mugat Trader Sam’s - November 22, 2023