Along with our “Don’t Be That Guy at Disney” series of blogs, another fan favorite is our “Things Overheard at Disney” articles. Since the 24 Hour Party was this weekend, and I spent a LOT of hours at the Magic Kingdom, I kept my ears open so I could do another chapter for our readers. So… lets talk about interesting or funny things overheard at Disney’s 24 Hour Party!
1. “What time do they pass out sleeping bags?” I heard someone ask this on Main Street. I’m hoping they were kidding but I’m not sure. That would be a ton of sleeping bags to distribute!
2. “Oh Please, just Let it Go already!” After midnight and before the Main Street Electrical Parade began, there was a special Frozen float going by, playing a part of “Let it Go” over and over again. Some in the audience weren’t amused. Maybe they were just tired?
3. “The 24 Hour Party is being cancelled now because of the rain.” Late in the evening, a storm rolled in and there was a lot of lightening that came with it. People were pushing their way towards the entrance of the park, and some thought the party was being shut down apparently. Not too many though because the park was still really crowded after the rain stopped!
4. “Someone said there were sleeping stations, check the times guide!” No, not cots were set up. No sleeping bags either as mentioned above.
5. “We’ll just ride the train for a few hours to sleep.” This one I not only heard, I was also told by some Main Streeters that they took a nap on the train, and the Cast Members didn’t say a word. I guess it’s understandable being that guests were in the park for so long.
6. “Let’s leave and run over to the Studios, they’re open 24 hours too!” No, they weren’t.
7. “Ok, I’ve had enough. 24 hours is just too long!” A poor tired mother pleading with her kids to leave before the 6 am mark.
8. “Disney should do this party once a month!” I know some Cast Members who wouldn’t agree there!
9. “You can go sleep in the parking lot, but then your 24 hour party cred doesn’t count.” Hmm. I never thought about if the Magic Kingdom parking lot counts as part of the Magic Kingdom or not. In this case that group of people said no!
10. “I’m going to sleep for a week when we go home, but it’s worth it!” Tired kids looking towards the finish line, and already getting ready to sleep it off!
The 24 Hour Party at the Magic Kingdom is quite an experience. It was my first time attending, and I’m glad I went. Even though things are still somewhat the same at the 24 Hour Party, the dynamics and atmosphere at the MK is different, more excitement in the air….. and a lot of tired guests walking around. It’s fun!
If you have anything funny that you’ve overheard while at Disney and you’d like to share, please let us know in the comments! Your input could be featured in a future blog! Until then, keep your ears open on your Disney vacation, you never know what kind of interesting things you will hear!
- Raiders of the Lost Ark 40th Anniversary Celebrated by Fans as Indiana Jones 5 Begins Filming - June 14, 2021
- Nightmare Before Christmas Picnic Merch & More Now on shopDisney - June 13, 2021
- BREAKING NEWS FROM MONSTROPOLIS: DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES ‘MONSTERS AT WORK’ GETS NEW PREMIERE DATE OF WEDNESDAY JULY 7 - June 11, 2021