From Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator and posted on the Disney Parks Blog.
Yesterday, was officially National Gingerbread Day! To celebrate, We are giving you a sneak peek at the brand-new gingerbread house coming to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland Resort.
Opening on November 27, this gingerbread house was created by a talented team of 25 artists, engineers and bakers, and it will take a total of 1,400 hours to bake and create the edible portion alone! The house measures in at a whopping 7 ½ feet tall and 12 feet wide. Which might leave you wondering: what goes into a gingerbread house of this scope?
- More than 500 pounds of gingerbread
- 60 gallons of frosting and icing
- 100 pounds of isomalt sugar
- 50 pounds of granulated sugar
- 50 pounds of powdered sugar
- 2 gallons of egg whites
- 1 quart of lemon juice
Want to bring home a piece of the holiday magic? Seasonal offerings for sale include:
- Gingerbread shingles and other assorted holiday cookies
- Holiday cookie-decorating kits
- Gingerbread house kits
- Specialty hot chocolate and cider
Run, run, run as fast as you can to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on November 27 to check out this sweet masterpiece!
- “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON 32 STREAMS SEPTEMBER 29 ON DISNEY+ - September 10, 2021
- Do You Know? Is This Haunted Room Actually Stretching… - August 26, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer - August 23, 2021