One of the greatest joys in the world is a trip to Disneyland. One of the greatest agonies in the world is getting through the day before you go to Disneyland. Okay, maybe we’re being a bit dramatic, but we just love Disneyland so much! The day before the trip is extremely important, because there are a lot of things to do (and a lot of emotions) that come with preparing for a day at the Happiest Place on Earth. Is a trip to Disneyland just around the riverbend for you? Here are some telltale signs to know for sure:
1. You start singing Disney songs 24/7.
In the car, in the shower, at work… it really doesn’t matter where you are. You’re belting out “Part of Your World” anywhere and everywhere.
2. You quote attractions in everyday situations.
On the way to work: “Please keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the car at all times.”
At the drinking fountain: “There it is, ladies and gentleman. The eighth wonder of the world, the backside of water!”
When someone interrupts your nap: “My siestas are getting shorter and shorter.”
3. You create a detailed schedule of all the attractions and shows you want to experience.
It’s critical to have a FASTPASS plan and strategize which nighttime spectacular to see.
4. You daydream about all the Disney desserts you will eat.
Dole Whips, check. Ice cream, check. Beignets, check.
5. You stage a massive Disney movie marathon.
It’s kind of like doing research, or that’s at least what we tell ourselves.
6. You strategically plan which Disney shirt you will wear with your ears.
Color coordination is key here.
7. You refuse to eat anything that isn’t Mickey-shaped food.
It’s a fact that Mickey-shaped foods taste better.
8. You double check your bag to make sure you have all the Disneyland essentials.
Sunscreen, water bottle, autograph book, pens, Vinylmation, camera… all necessities.
9. You get out your pin collection and decide which ones to put on your lanyard.
How are you supposed to choose?!
10. You can’t go to sleep, because you’re so excited.
And why should you, because YOU’RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND TOMORROW!
Sigh, we love you so much.
What do you do the day before you go to a Disney Park? Tell us in the comments!