In the continuing series, here is the next recipe from the Disney Cruise Line and Stephen Walker, Fleet Culinary Standards and Consistency Chef, Disney Cruise Line
Serving fish can be intimidating since it is so easy to overcook. That’s one of the reasons I love our recipe for yellowfin tuna, since all it takes is a quick sear on both sides. Complemented with a delicious ponzu glaze, bok choy, soybeans and rice noodles, this Asian-inspired meal is yet another way we bring flavors from around the world onboard the Disney Cruise Line ships!
Check out the full recipe below and download our keepsake recipe card here. Enjoy!
Skill Level: Moderate
Time: 1 hour
- 4 yellowfin tuna steaks (¾ cup ea.)
- 1 bok choy
- ½ cup soybeans
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup ponzu sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb. rice noodles
- ¹/³ cup olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds (toasted)
- Sear the tuna steak in a heated skillet with olive oil on both sides
(approx 1 minute each side).
Bok Choy and Soybeans
- Heat with olive oil in a medium skillet. Sauté bok choy and soybeans for 2–3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the ingredients to a hot saucepan and reduce until thick.
If necessary, use a little cornstarch to thicken. Set aside.
- In a medium stock pot, bring water, olive oil and salt to a boil. Drop noodles in and watch closely (they cook very quickly).
- Splash with seasoned iced water to cool. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, reheat in a pan and season with salt, pepper and black sesame seeds.
- Lay the tossed vegetables on the center of the plate.
- Roll the rice noodles on a fork and place on top of the vegetables lengthwise.
- Gently lay the tuna steak against the noodles.
- Spoon the ponzu glaze onto the bottom of the plate.
- Garnish with a light sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON 32 STREAMS SEPTEMBER 29 ON DISNEY+ - September 10, 2021
- Do You Know? Is This Haunted Room Actually Stretching… - August 26, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer - August 23, 2021