From Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort
I know summer isn’t quite over yet and I don’t want to be the one to rush things, but Halloween is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start planning your costume! It’s never too early.
Not sure where to start? Consider me your “Costume Consultant.”
I personally think our Disney Princess costumes are quite dazzling. Each gown has been replicated in fine detail, appearing almost identical to those worn by some of Disney’s finest royalty. Don’t be afraid to add a tiara, wand, gloves or other accessories to complete the look.
Find something that puts you ‘heads’ or ‘tails’ above the rest. There’s certainly no shortage of ear hats or novelty headwear at Disney Parks. Find the one that suits you the best, and show your true ‘character.’ Kids and kids-at-heart, keep an eye out for one of this year’s hottest costume accessories, Disney Tails. Keep an eye out for ‘tails’ inspired by the Cheshire Cat, Marie, Tigger and Sulley in the coming weeks. As you can see on a recent visit to our Disney Theme Parks Merchandise east coast office, I found fellow Disney Parks Blog author Steven Miller, having a ‘monster’ous good time lurking about in search of new information to share with all of you.
If your little crewmates ‘arrggh’ ready to find their costumes and it’s adventure that they seek, some additional choices include Jack Sparrow and the Boney Pirate. For your Space Ranger, Buzz Lightyear.
Quick Tip: If you are planning a visit to the Disneyland Resort during the Halloween season or specifically forMickey’s Halloween Party, be sure to book an appointment for a royal transformation at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or aboard the returning Pirates League.
Are you looking for something a little bit more subtle? This year, I think I’m going to take my inspiration from a recent post about DisneyBounding that my friend and fellow Disney Parks Blog Author, Erin Glover shared as part of the Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Event. Create a costume and express your love for Disney through fashion. Not only will you create a trendy, new outfit with clothes you can find in your closet of favorites, but you can also subtly resemble your favorite Disney character.
So where are the best places to find the perfect kids costumes, accoutrements and accessories at the Disneyland Resort?
Halloween Costume stops include:
- Downtown Disney District – World of Disney Store
- Disney California Adventure park –Treasures in Paradise
- Disneyland park – Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Disney Showcase
Those of you located nearer to the Walt Disney World Resort, don’t despair. Here are a few locations for you to check out as well.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – In Character – Disney’s Costume Shop
- Downtown Disney Marketplace – Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, World of Disney Store
- Epcot – MouseGear
- Magic Kingdom Park – Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Emporium, The Pirates League
Are you ready to trick or treat?
- LIVE MUSIC FEATURING NATIONAL ACTS RETURNS TO BUSCH GARDENS’ FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL! - February 27, 2021
- DISNEY+ PRESENTS Q&A WITH MARVEL STUDIOS’ KEVIN FEIGE AND PANELS ‘BIG SHOT’ AND ‘THE MIGHTY DUCKS: GAME CHANGERS’ AT 2021 TELEVISION CRITICS ASSOCIATION WINTER PRESS TOUR - February 24, 2021
- ‘WandaVision’: Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez Break Down the TV Theme Songs - February 23, 2021